Screenshot problems (home + lock button) and terrible battery life

xythil

Reaction score
These problems are not connected but I figured I would make a single topic.

1) My phone sometimes takes hundreds of screenshots while its in my pocket because the home+lock screen gets pressed.
a) Where does it store these? So I can remove them...
b) is there a way to disable this?

2) Why is my battery life SO bad..maybe 8 hours of light map/web browsing use...its just awful. My 3 year old Droid 2 with a dying battery was more reliable. I know its a 4g device but still..something feels wrong.

Just to clarify the batter life is bad REGARDLESS of the screenshot problem..so thats not whats draining my battery =0

Thanks guys

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Out of curiosity, how do you know the two issues aren't related?

I spent about 50 minutes straight on just the browser with Google Play playing the other day and it took about 10%. So that's about 8 1/2 hours give or take of nonstop use of the browser with music playing. That's pretty damn good. And of course browsing and google maps are two of the biggest battery drainers, so it really depends on what you mean by "light" use. Coming from a Rezound, the battery on this thing is phenomenal. Keep in mind, one of the D2s strongest points was its battery. So you'll probably never have another phone to compete with that (at least not in the next few years).

I'm not sure about the screen shot issue though. I have to admit, it's actually quite impressive that you can manage to inadvertently press the home and lock screen button hundreds of times. Maybe if you look through them you'll notice some paranormal orb floating in your wallpaper...

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
Screenshots are in gallery.

And in order to diagnose your battery problem, we'll need for info than "it sucks". Maybe some screenshots (since we know you're so good at it) of your running applications and battery graph.

My battery life is amazing. Bet it's a rogue app or you have FB push notifications on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
I guess I was just expecting to be able to use it for 2 days before needed a charge.

I guess I just have to get use to charging my phone mid day if I want more than 8 hours =/

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
With moderate use I've been easily getting 2 days. Unless you're running your phone constantly, then it sounds like you have a bad battery or something.

caldergsu

Reaction score
Check Facebook message settings and notifications. I am in a group chat and had to turn off alerts for that because it would wake my phone every other minute from deep sleep. After that i can now go the entire day with moderate use on one charge.

As suggested in other posts download GSam Battery app and take a look at what is actually using your battery, how much, and for how long. If you still cant figure it out post screenshots of your results here and we can all help!

I promise the battery life gets better, I got 32 hours out of mine the other day with light use.

Sent from my Verizon GalaxyS3

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
I guess I was just expecting to be able to use it for 2 days before needed a charge.

I guess I just have to get use to charging my phone mid day if I want more than 8 hours =/

Time to lower your expectations. If you want that kind of battery life, get a dumbphone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
People have pretty high battery expectations for a mini portable computer "smartphone", do me a favor and unplug your laptop and tell me how long it lasts on just battery power. My S3's battery is fantastic.

OP
X

xythil

Reaction score
People have pretty high battery expectations for a mini portable computer "smartphone", do me a favor and unplug your laptop and tell me how long it lasts on just battery power. My S3's battery is fantastic.

Ya I agree its all a matter of perspective. The Droid 2's battery just really spoiled me. That thing lasted ages. But it didn't have a huge screen of 4g or a quad core processor.

For the power of the S3 the battery is quite amazing.