Screen Will Not Detect Touch

Ryan313

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was using my phone (droid 3) and the app I was using force closed, my phone lagged for a few seconds and then I just put it down so it could catch up. While waiting the screen timed out and when I went to use it I could not unlock it. I can press the button on top and it will turn the screen on or off, and if I hold it it will bring up the power off menu. I tried to call it, and it went through. I got the normal screen to answer it, but I could not answer it. After I hung up I got the notification for a missed call. Everything seems to be working, my screen just does not respond to a touch. What should I do?

OP
R

Ryan313

Reaction score
Sorry, forgot to mention that. I have pulled the battery several times. Some times I put it right back in, other times I waited a while.

ang3la

Reaction score
Exact issue I am having. Did you ever get an answer? If you did will you please pass the info along? I really like my phone and don't want to replace it.

Dolly

Reaction score
My husband also has the D3, and recently had the exact same problem. He tried all the usual remedies and nothing worked. He finally took it to a cell phone repair place and they installed a part--I don't know what, and was able to get it repaired. Funny, I've seen a lot of folks experiencing this same issues with the D3.