Screen Unresponsive - annoying, phone useless

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
I have a regular Moto Droid. After my bike ride today, my phone's screen becomes 100% unresponsive. i can't slide to unlock it. i already tried to take out the battery and restart, but that was useless. i can't pick up people's calls either.

How do i go about fixing this? This isn't the first time. Will motorola warranty my phone?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is there any physical damage to your phone?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score

no, it was working just before the bike ride. it was raining, but the phone was in my waterproof jacket's pocket...

Anyone know how long the moto droid warranty is? will i be covered?

Orchi

Reaction score
I've got 8 refurbished phones off the warranty. I purchased my phone November 13th, 2010... It is now October 27th, 2010 and I had one replaced today.. So I'd bet you at least a year... With my 2nd to last Droid I noticed that whenever my phone got jumbled around, or my hands were slightly damp ( or sweaty) my screen became unresponsive for a long period of time, but it would eventually come back.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

no, it was working just before the bike ride. it was raining, but the phone was in my waterproof jacket's pocket...

Sorry, I fell asleep! Haha! Pop off your battery and check the two moisture indicators. If they're still white and white with red X's, you should be covered by Motorola's 1 year warranty.

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score

Sorry, I fell asleep! Haha! Pop off your battery and check the two moisture indicators. If they're still white and white with red X's, you should be covered by Motorola's 1 year warranty.

i only see 1 circle thats white with red x's. where is the 2nd one supposed to be?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i only see 1 circle thats white with red x's. where is the 2nd one supposed to be?

One is on the phone, behind the battery; the other is on the battery itself.

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
I've got 8 refurbished phones off the warranty. I purchased my phone November 13th, 2010... It is now October 27th, 2010 and I had one replaced today.. So I'd bet you at least a year... With my 2nd to last Droid I noticed that whenever my phone got jumbled around, or my hands were slightly damp ( or sweaty) my screen became unresponsive for a long period of time, but it would eventually come back.

similar problem as mine. which sucks balls. how can they design a complete touch screen reliant phone that can't work with slightly damp hands. its been over 8 hours since the phone has been 100% dry, sitting on my desk. the screen is STILL unresponsive. i can't even slide to unlock it.

are the newer motorola phones like this also?

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score

i see, its a small rectangle of white with red x's. Does this mean no water damage and still covered under warranty?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You should be fine then. They would be pink/red with moisture damage. I've actually talked/texted on mine in the rain and never had an issue with the screen so I wouldn't really say its a design flaw. Unless I actually managed to escape Murphy's Law for once...? Haha!

i see, its a small rectangle of white with red x's. Does this mean no water damage and still covered under warranty?