screen stall question

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i have had simply stunning v4.7 with an upgrade 1.2 kernal for like over a week now and i love it..the only downfall was the home screen stall is was getting every now and then..well i downloaded adw launcher about like 5 or 6 days ago and has ran perfect up until yesterday..i was getting no screen stall whatsoever and now it stalls for like 5 or 10 seconds now sometimes when i go back to it and i wont be doing anything major either...any ideas wehat this could be or how i could fix this? i also cleared my cookie and cache from my browser to see if that worked and it didnt..thanks

wricks

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's called homescreen redraw and it seems to be an issue that has cropped up wit all launchers. There are a number of threads on it so far, but you can start here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/68321-redraw-lag-stock-launcher.html

My redraw has been almost eliminated in Launcher Pro Plus by checking "keep in memory" and backing the kernel down to 1GHz (from 1.2). Search on redraw. There is lots of reading to do.

Good luck

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
What ^^^^ said.

ADW should have the same option to keep in memory. Another option that seems to help is compcache, but SS doesn't support it, nor do Chevy's kernels. Hopefully that is being worked on.

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
well i took off like 9 apps i dont use and i have one homescreen practically blank now and i also took off the facebook widget and you tube one also and it hasnt stalled since last night none whatsoever..so i dont know if that was the problem or what..we will see