I'm a total newbie with an original Droid and I have 2 questions for the experts

Gallo

Reaction score
I'm a total newbie with an original Droid and I have 2 questions for the experts on the board. Ive been searching and I saw a bunch of different answers so I figured I better just ask and see if somebody could help me out. 1. The first question is a fairly simple question and is the least of my concerns. I'm not signed up on Verizon at this moment. I'm just using the Droid over WiFi for now. So when I restart my phone there is a screen that comes up asking me to activate through Verizon. Its not a big deal but if anyone knows a trick I could do to get rid of that screen for good I'd appreciate it. 2. Now to the very important question. My droid shows an excellent connection and has all the bars but once or twice a day it stops being able to browse despite the phone saying I'm fully connected. If I power cycle the phone or toggle the WiFi setting in the Droid on and off I'm able to browse again. I don't know if that is giving me a new DHCP lease or what but I'm concerned that the phone might stall at a bad time so I would really like to get that fixed. I'm hopeful there is a setting on the phone or my router that I can change to stop that from happening every day. I'm running 2.2 android service. I'm using a Belkin n300 router. I have tried changing the router setting from N and G to just G but that didn't stop the connection issue. I tried changing the router from auto to a few different channels but that didn't stop the issue either. I read that if you disable the security that might fix the issue but that doesn't seem like a good way to go. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iamjoe

Reaction score
Have you tried doing a factory reset on your OG droid? I did few times and it seemed to get rid of odd problems.

OP
G

Gallo

Reaction score
Hi Joe, Thanks for the response. I have done a factory reset a couple of times but I still have that issue. It seems to be a fairly common issue but Ive read around 20 different fixes but none seem to work. 85% of the time the phone is fine. It always shows connected. When it "stalls" I can fix the issue by power cycling the phone or toggling the WiFi setting in the phone on/off BUT I figure there has to be a better way to fix the issue once and for all.