94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank you! So out of all of the protectors you've tested, is this the one you would recommend?

I'm looking for transparency and protection and am ok with wiping finger prints off.

Thanks again!

Well it depends... for a naked phone, steinheil is awesome, for under the defenders screen cover, steinheil for look and feel. But for total coverage I think the zagg and the military shield are the way to go. But they both have a rubbery feel...

So for a person who doesn't want the rubbery feel.. steinheil.

If you want total screen coverage, either the zagg or the military shield. These are the same material, just the zagg is textured :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

EDIT: I prefer the armor shield over everything, but if you don't like the rubbery protectors, steinheil is your choice.

Why military shield over zagg... it goes back to the grippy feel of the zagg. That's the deciding factor. :)

Last edited:

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Well it depends... for a naked phone, steinheil is awesome, for under the defenders screen cover, steinheil for look and feel. But for total coverage I think the zagg and the military shield are the way to go. But they both have a rubbery feel...

So for a person who doesn't want the rubbery feel.. steinheil.

If you want total screen coverage, either the zagg or the military shield. These are the same material, just the zagg is textured :)

EDIT: I prefer the armor shield over everything, but if you don't like the rubbery protectors, steinheil is your choice.

Why military shield over zagg... it goes back to the grippy feel of the zagg. That's the deciding factor. :)

Well I just ordered the steinheils and I'll have them on Friday, I think. :hail: If they don't work out for my needs, I will go with the armor shields next. Thanks, again.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well I just ordered the steinheils and I'll have them on Friday, I think. :hail: If they don't work out for my needs, I will go with the armor shields next. Thanks, again.

I'm sure the steinheil will do what you want it to do. The reason I'm so particular is that I live near the beach. So sand is everywhere... and even just a little bit of open area, can mean scratches on my display... I'm very particular about my devices, so if i say its perfect, you better believe it... because I will find any flaw I can..:D

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Installed the Steinheil Ultra Crystal a few minutes ago.

People say that this is so much more natural feeling than the Zagg and others, but it does feel grippy to me (I assume the front plastic protector that I peeled off is leaving a little stickiness), so I can't even imagine what the Zagg must be like. Fingerprints show up. It doesn't reach the edges of the screen, as many people have noted.

Do i love it? HELL YES! Super happy with my purchase! It really does look crystal clear, feels very hard just like glass (sticky glass, thus far) and I am confident that it will prevent scratches.

Recommended!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

People say that this is so much more natural feeling than the Zagg and others, but it does feel grippy to me (I assume the front plastic protector that I peeled off is leaving a little stickiness), so I can't even imagine what the Zagg must be like. Fingerprints show up. It doesn't reach the edges of the screen, as many people have noted.

Do i love it? HELL YES! Super happy with my purchase! It really does look crystal clear, feels very hard just like glass (sticky glass, thus far) and I am confident that it will prevent scratches.

Recommended!

Thanx for adding your review!!.. any and all are welcome.. use it.for a few days and let us know what you think!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have to add that the new cut of the zagg doesn't impress me either. Its not as precise as the military shield at the top for the ff camera and the ear speaker area. The new zagg leaves more exposed than the zagg I had from a few months ago.

But the military shield scratched... a light surface scratch... kind of unsettling. But the device didn't get damage, the protector shouldn't have gotten damaged though.. idk.. as i said.. I'm VERY PARTICULAR!! LOL

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Recommended!

If you are feeling sticky stuff then maybe you got a bad one, this protector should feel just like glass when you have it on.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine was a little tacky feeling at first... just use a lens cleaning cloth and clean over it. It'll dry tack free.

I think it has something to do with the adhesive, light as it is, to keep the protector covered, and the heat of summer.

This is just my opinion though. :cool:

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Ok, 2 days later with the Steinheil... as 94lt1 mentioned, it was the residue from the front protector cover adhesive and is now long gone. It feels smooth and looks great!

I had it in my laptop bag and when I pulled it out, two coins were laying on the screen, but the protector, and more importantly my screen, don't have a mark on them.

Definitely meets my needs and i see no reason to go "naked" as long as this is available. When I applied it, I aligned it pretty perfectly so that the gap is consistent all the way around and it looks very good. I know some people complained about the look of this because it isn't edge to edge, but you only notice when the screen is off. When the screen is lit up, you don't notice at all.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So its become apparent to me that I prefer the military shields Feel and cut on the screen protector, but the zaggs cut and feel on the rest of the phone... this is for the rubbery protectors... so I'm going to run a mix of the 2 on my maxx's.

By cut, I mean how it fits. And how it covers.

steyn

Reaction score
A screen protector is an additional sheet of material that can be attached to a screen of a electronic device and protect it against physical damage. Screen protectors first entered the market after the rise of personal digital assistant (PDA) since PDAs were often operated via a stylus. The tip of the stylus could scratch the sensitive LCD screen surface, screen protectors provided sacrificial protection from this damage. Since then the ubiquity of mobile smartphones has seen the screen protector become widespread.