screen protectors

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Mine has about 1/8th of an inch from the edge. I can see sand getting stuck in there but I have a gel case that comes around and snugly covers that ridge around the edges. Not sure if it would work near the beach....you lucky dog!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine has about 1/8th of an inch from the edge. I can see sand getting stuck in there but I have a gel case that comes around and snugly covers that ridge around the edges. Not sure if it would work near the beach....you lucky dog!

Lol... I paid the price lol. :D

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
OK... so the armor suit military shield came today. I tried to install the full body kit, but it just didn't want to go on like it should. Parts would pop off and slide out of whack. I got most of it on though. I like how its not as grippy as the zagg BUT I like that the zagg doesn't show prints and smudges as much. So that's a trade of tit for tat. The military shield is also a little bit thicker. So now if I can get the dang corners to stay down and the curved edges of the pieces to adhere, I'll be doing good.

I have installed the camera and flash bezel pieces, the screen protector, and the back protector.

I'm not going to criticize its fit, because I haven't yet seen how the full body zagg will fit. I'll report back with results if I'm able to get the full kit to adhere.

I can see why they don't charge more for the full body kit... I think they'd have a lot of returns. Maybe I'm all thumbs?

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So after a few days with the zagg on one maxx, in an otterbox defender without the defenders screen protector, and a military shield on another maxx, same case with modification.... I have this to say so far..

The zagg still grips my thumbs and fingers like a racing tire, especially after I wash and dry my hands. I suppose with a bit more use, I'll develope the right touch to use on it. It hides smudges and prints.. that's a plus.

The armorsuit military shield, it is just a little thicker than the zagg, used a micrometer to be sure it wasn't an optical illusion lol. It has a nice feel to it, not to grippy, not to slick IMHO. However it does show.prints and smudges, especially in sunlight. But not as bad as the defender screen protector.

As far as application, the screen protectors went on easily. The wet application was my only concern. But its a chance we take when applying these. :) just turn off the device. They have a haze at first, but dry clear.

The body kits are another story :( I had a heck of a time with the sides, they wouldn't wrap around the sides... just an unpleasant experience. It wasn't easy to say the least, just as I'd get it on and positioned, and squeegee it down, I'd set it down and let it dry before moving to the next part(its easier to leave the side parts tacky, if wet they are a pita!!) And then the next part would still wet the previous piece, and then it was a fight all over again.....

I got them all on, but when letting it dry, the sides still tried peeling back... I just didn't feel like continuing the fight...:banghead: after allowing it to dry I was then able to lightly spray the pieces and get them to hold....

So front and back are easy... the other parts are not fun. If you decide to use a full body kit on your device, have patience and be prepared to get your patience tested!!

Both protectors are the same material, (the zagg is textured) make the screen alot clearer than the defenders screen protector. Both have excellent coverage on the screen, you may as well say total coverage. And you don't have to worry about dust and sand and lint getting under the screen protector of the otterbox defender.

I have some steinheils coming and a ghost shield... I'll post on these as I get them and have a few days to try em out :)

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Quite the adventure you are having. I tried putting one of those Zagg full body kits on a Blackberry I had way back when with terrible results. It was way to tacky for me, and I didn't get the whole thing on correctly. Now I am sure most of that is due to operator error, but it would still probably be too much like holding a phone wrapped with inside out old tape.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Quite the adventure you are having. I tried putting one of those Zagg full body kits on a Blackberry I had way back when with terrible results. It was way to tacky for me, and I didn't get the whole thing on correctly. Now I am sure most of that is due to operator error, but it would still probably be too much like holding a phone wrapped with inside out old tape.

Lol... they're a pain to get on... they get on your NERVES!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead: sorry.. lol. Had to get that off of my chest :cool: the steinheils and the ghost armor and the other screen protectors haven't come in yet... still waiting.:)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
By the by, I see someone has earned a new moniker. I swear just yesterday I didn't see that on your name, congratulations.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
By the by, I see someone has earned a new moniker. I swear just yesterday I didn't see that on your name, congratulations.

Thank you :) you're the first to notice... I've been ninjaing<(awesome word huh??) Around, and nobody's noticed :( lol.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Always nice to see good people upgraded to the ranks of making this a better place to visit. Need to start sending gift baskets by the offices to get my name dropped in the hat of future candidates.

They are here in Austin, maybe I will start doing creepy ex boyfriend drive by's late at night :)

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Should i order the Steinheil protectors or wait for 94lt1's review... hmm...

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sydman said:
Always nice to see good people upgraded to the ranks of making this a better place to visit. Need to start sending gift baskets by the offices to get my name dropped in the hat of future candidates.

They are here in Austin, maybe I will start doing creepy ex boyfriend drive by's late at night :)

I noticed too and I thought maybe it had been that for a while and had been oblivious to it. Congratulations! And like Sydman said, thanks for always making this a great place to visit.. .and funny as h@!)!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2

I didn't know the HQ was in Austin... hmmm, learned something new.

I noticed too and I thought maybe it had been that for a while and had been oblivious to it. Congratulations! And like Sydman said, thanks for always making this a great place to visit.. .and funny as h@!)!

Lol, nope. It just happened :) thank you... and I do what I can :D

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Should i order the Steinheil protectors or wait for 94lt1's review... hmm...

That's your call lol. The Steinheils have arrived in the mail today... I installed one right away. When applying, do so from the top down using a peel back method. Do so with clean hands if you're like me and can't stand prints and smudges.

The fit is pretty similar to the vzw protectors, but the quality is better. Once applied they're hardly noticeable, and the crystal version does show prints but they wipe off fairly easily.

I will continue to use the steinheil crystal under my otterbox defender. But it will also do well to cover a screen on its own. It does protect the screen and isn't intrusive at all. Your finger glides over it... you can't see it, it doesn't haze or blur the screen, just don't crease it during installation...

:) hope this helps..

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Next time I do a review personal or otherwise I intend to have pics... however with my wife and son being afflicted with poison ivy, I'm doing triple duty :)

thebeeobee

Reaction score
Thank you! So out of all of the protectors you've tested, is this the one you would recommend?

I'm looking for transparency and protection and am ok with wiping finger prints off.

Thanks again!

That's your call lol. The Steinheils have arrived in the mail today... I installed one right away. When applying, do so from the top down using a peel back method. Do so with clean hands if you're like me and can't stand prints and smudges.

The fit is pretty similar to the vzw protectors, but the quality is better. Once applied they're hardly noticeable, and the crystal version does show prints but they wipe off fairly easily.

I will continue to use the steinheil crystal under my otterbox defender. But it will also do well to cover a screen on its own. It does protect the screen and isn't intrusive at all. Your finger glides over it... you can't see it, it doesn't haze or blur the screen, just don't crease it during installation...

:) hope this helps..