Screen protector not very good

Zippster

Reaction score
Another post here with quote from motorola rep saying they recommend NO screen protector due to sensitivity loss and say that the droids screen is glass and durable. :huh:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61120

"We do not recommend using a screen protector on the DROID because it does impact the touch sensitivity. In fact, Verizon agreed with that so you must have run into an agent who missed that memo. The glass on the DROID is pretty durable. I would return the screen protector." -- Motorola Forums Manager

Last edited:

docprego

Reaction score
i just got the 3 pack from verizon and let just say i messed the first one up totally and the second just leaves crazy air bubbles....i had an iphone with a screen protector and installed with no problem....these are terrible. Im gonna try and get my money back
I agree, Verizon's 3 pack are simply aweful. They don't fit perfectly and whose brilliant idea was it to stop the screen protector above the capacitive buttons? They would work perfectly through a screen protector and would have made for a much more classy installation.

benhebert

Reaction score
Who has experienced returning these to VZW? I'm going to attempt it today or tomorrow and demand I get my money back.

elbono75

Reaction score
Who has experienced returning these to VZW? I'm going to attempt it today or tomorrow and demand I get my money back.
you'll be fine... Its not a issue... I had no problems... is it the privacy ones, those have been pulled... just explain that the touch sucks with them on...
No biggie...

andjarnic

Reaction score
I have the 3-pack one and its a fingerprint magnet, but it works fine. I dont have any sticky feeling like I did with the ZAGG on my iPhone, which I hated! I don't know that it's a big deal that the screen protector doesn't cover the 4 buttons, but I can see how it should.

LosAngeles

Reaction score
Am I the only one that left the original protector on? The one that had the white writing on it to point out controls and such? Haha I took an eraser to it and the white writing came right off. and then i cut off the little tab and it works great :] Is there a poll going on that points to the best screen protector? like the invisible shield and all of the other brands. oh and hi :] first post. so far the droid is the best phone ive ever owned. its great. lets protect it :p

FordTrux

Reaction score
i got the 3 pack and it works great, just have to have it aligned perfectl on sides. whats the notches on the top right for?

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
i just bought the 3 pack today and it works okay.. it does makes the screen-finger contact a bit sticky but it doesn't affect the sensitivity of the screen.

yearn

Reaction score
I bought the 3-pack and have had (almost) no trouble out of them.
I say almost because I was kinda dumb when I first put it on, lol.
I peeled off the first side of it and stuck it on and it went on real well but on the 2nd side I didnt realize it was just a cover so I just peeled off the little sticker and started using it.and it didnt work worth a crap, so I got frusterated and was gonna peel it off and just the top cover came off,

DUH!! anyways, After I got it put on correctly it works great, I hate those sticky, rubbery, high dollar protectors

FoompTheDroid

Reaction score
I hated the vzw droid screen protectors I bought with it. Hated it and tore it off in the first six hours.

Markee

Reaction score
I hope when someone gets the Invisible Shield brand protector the will give us feedback as to the sensitifity effects ont he Motorola Droid... I Hope..

turbo325ii

Reaction score
I hated the vzw droid screen protectors I bought with it. Hated it and tore it off in the first six hours.
+1. I bought the 3pack from verizon and they were crap. Too stiff and my fiances sister played with mine and bent it and i took it off.

I hope when someone gets the Invisible Shield brand protector the will give us feedback as to the sensitifity effects ont he Motorola Droid... I Hope..

I have the "invisishield" from zagg. I love this screen protector. It feels extremely nice to the touch and havent had any issues with it. It is thick prolly around 5mills or so, so it can protect quite well against something that would scratch the screen.

No doubt the droids screen is strong, but I dont wanna risk it, and I actually really really like the feel of this, and I hate when things feel cheap.

Get the Invisidhield you will love it.

bacalao

Reaction score
I have ghost armor on my entire phone, and I was worried about sensitivity, orange peel, rubbery feel, stickyness, and fingerprints.

Ghost armor is more anti-fingerprints than screen itself, you see the screen clearly, no stickyness, sensitivity wasn't changed, and the orange peel is slight and only noticeable when the screen is powered down. Doesn't feel rubbery unless you scratch it with your finger nails. Oh one more thing, I got the phone covered for $14. I use this in combination with a belt pouch. I want a hard case because I drop my phone a lot, and screen protectors won't protect that.