Clarivue ultra-clear screen protector review

joneee

Reaction score
Some people like screen protectors, some don't. Some enjoy the fact that the Droid's glass is made of gorilla glass. Others are paranoid and rather not take the chance. I am both, so I decided to shell out a few bucks to get a screen protector. And after much reading on these forums, it came down to two types of protectors: anti-scratch (invisibleshield, bodyguardz, etc) or static (boxwave, clarivue). I decided the latter because I like the fact that it can be reapplied and it doesn't interfere with the screen's sensitivity.

I bought a Clarivue ultra-clear screen protector. As mentioned earlier, it is a static clear screen protector so it's washable, reusable, and durable. I chose Clarivue over Boxwave for three reasons. 1. It's cheaper ($9.89 shipped vs Boxwave $12.95). 2. It comes with two screen protectors (Boxwave comes with one). and lastly, 3. Lifetime warranty ($3 shipping and handling added with every exchange).

**I should mention that I am in no way affiliated with Clarivue nor am I getting paid to write this review. Just a happy customer sharing my thoughts on this product to help other fellow droid members
smile.gif

So it all comes down to, how is it? Well here's a few pictures for the heck of it.
IMG_0522.jpg
Comes in a nicely wrapped bag. I apologize for the glare.

IMG_0523.jpg

Also includes a cleaning cloth for your screen before you apply. Note, the screen protector is NOT blue, that's the protective layer on top of the clear screen protector. Also, I just noticed that the screen protectors are upside down. Sorry for the confusion.

IMG_0529.jpg

I must say, this worked really well. It removed all dust, oils and any marking that I previously had on my screen and dried really fast, so I was able to apply the protector right after.

The application process:
It's easy to put it on. Once the screen is clean, simply remove the first layer on the screen protector (Marked #1), align it to the phone and apply. I used a credit card to get rid of the bubbles. I did it in my dusty room so there were a few particles of dust that got in the way as I was putting it on, so I simply lifted the protector with tape and with another piece of tape wrapped around my finger I gently picked the dust off the screen and protector, then reapplied.
*Tip*Some have shared that it's better to put the protector on while the shower has been running under hot water for some time so that steam in the bathroom knocks off any chance of dust getting in the way of the application process.

Fit:
Width wise, the protector fits perfectly. From border to border, it neatly covers the screen.
Height wise, the protector falls one millimeter short. Some people may like this, some may not. I could care less.
*Note* The screen is not TOTALLY protected due to the speaker cutout. As you'll notice in the picture below, the screen is exposed just above the speaker.
IMG_0540.jpg

Clarity:
The website states that it offers ultra-clear (hence the name) clarity, and I believe it was 99%. I must say, the clarity surely is there. The screen is still just as bright when phone is on and when the screen is off, I can't tell that there's a screen protector.

Feel:
The protector gives it a smooth glass-like finish. It feels as smooth as it was without it.

Strength:
I'm not about to go start scratching the hell out of the protector to see how strong it is or dropping my keys on it. So as far as its ability to withstand scratches, I cannot mention at the moment. However, the website advertises an "Anti-scratch" feature, but probably not to the degree as the real anti-scratch protectors.

Fingerprints/oils/markings:
Because it is not the anti-glare model, the screen is still very much prone to finger prints, face oils, and other markings. Is it as prone as it was without it? No, but ever so slightly. It manages to decrease the amount of markings, but they are still noticeable.

Satisfaction:
I'm very satisfied with Clarivue's ultra-clear screen protector. I would highly recommend this to anyone who is in search of a screen protector. It fits really well, its very affordable, will keep it your Droid secure for those worried about deep scratches, and it's got lifetime warranty, so there's piece of mind
smile.gif

Final thoughts:
Though I cannot speak for Boxwave's quality of products, I can confidently say that other members in this forums and beyond are extremely happy with that particular brand. It would be great if I could compare them side by side, but I feel as though they would be very similar.
Shipping took 7 business days to California. It was either coming from Washington (Directly north of California) or Canada. I believe it took a longer time because of the holiday rush.
I haven't tried to detach the protector, wash it, and reapply it so as far as that feature goes I cannot comment. But I will try it soon since I've got some bubbles left (stupid dusty room) so I will come back and update on that soon.
If you're thinking about a screen protector, I would highly recommend a static screen protector. It hardly noticeable so you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. I'm confident that those who make this purchase will not regret it.
Lastly, if you're debating whether to get the anti-glare or the clear protector, it's all preference. You'll forfeit clarity for the convenience of anti-glare and no fingerprints. And vice versa. I'd love to try the anti-glare version, so Clarivue is you're reading this, hook it up
smile.gif

mkloharry

Reaction score
Rec'd my Clarivue ultra clear screen protector

I rec'd my Clarivue ultra clear screen protector today, took about 5 days to receive with free shipping. Easy install, you don't even know you have a protector on. I have been using Zag which I had no problems except orange peel, and a little sticky at times specially when fingers are damp. The first thing I noticed when I installed Clarivue how much brighter and clear the screen was, and no sticking. I know Zag offers great protection, we will see how Clarivue holds up with time. So far highly recommend.

If you look at the specs they Clarivue seems to be very similar to Steinheil Crystal.:icon_ banana:.

Shel

Reaction score
Just as an FYI, I'm also in California, and ordered the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint screen protector on Monday, received it on Weds. They are in California, so it's slightly faster, for those in the sunshine state who are in a hurry.

Sounds like Clarivue and Steinheil are very similar... I'm very pleased with the Steinheil Anti Fingerprint screen protector (photos were placed by my on another thread, of the Anti Fingerprint)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Excellent review. Never considered a static protector because I always thought they would peel off easy.