Screen is dead... how to retrieve my photos, mount as disc drive?

nattyville

Reaction score
My phone sustained some water damage but still worked for a while. Then the screen started going black & eventually wouldn't come back on at all, except for an occasional flicker. I just want to get my photos & videos off of it, but when I connect to my PC, is connects as a CD-Rom and only has a drv and img folders. Normally I would choose, on my phone, to mount as a disc drive, but I cannot do that now. Is there another way to get my photos off, since my phone is OK aside from the screen? Thanks in advance!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First and foremost, which device do you have?

P

promo87

Well, i think if you have just connected the device via USB to the PC I am sure if the problem isn't with the device other than the display. Your PC will be showing the storage of the device, and you can copy the images and .... from phone memory directly to your PC. But again if you are trying to recover the pictures then try installing Recuva over your PC ! o_O Is that you are trying to do or something else ??

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, i think if you have just connected the device via USB to the PC I am sure if the problem isn't with the device other than the display. Your PC will be showing the storage of the device, and you can copy the images and .... from phone memory directly to your PC. But again if you are trying to recover the pictures then try installing Recuva over your PC ! o_O Is that you are trying to do or something else ??
On some devices, you have to manually mount the device for a PC to read it as a virtual drive.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

P

promo87

On some devices, you have to manually mount the device for a PC to read it as a virtual drive.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2
Well that could be but OP hasn't mentioned his device name or any kind of information. So at least I thought he may have try to do that and it works out for him.