Andriod touch screen not working - simple way to get data off

toxicatom

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 4
I have been in IT for a long time but this was my first experience with this problem. The user had dropped their android in water and it survived but the touch screen no longer worked. They mainly wanted their photos and videos off the phone.

Connecting the phone to a computer we were unable to by pass the "Allow Access" prompt on connection due to the touch screen not working.

Solution: I ordered a Male Micro USB to Female USB and plugged in a usb mouse. Booting up the phone it immediately recognized the mouse and from there I could navigate the phone and moved all of the photos off.

I am posting this because she told me she had asked her phone store and a repair shop how to get the photos off and no one had offered this simple solution.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, thanks toxicatom for the great info! This is not the first time someone was stuck because their touch screen no longer worked. Great solution! I have a bluetooth keyboard -mouse that's paired to my phone which would work the same, except it would have to be paired and Bluetooth on beforehand.

Thanks and welcome to df!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk