Screen is all whacky...

CorkYRogers

Reaction score
Hey guys...so I got my refurb phone 2 weeks ago...it's non-rooted. 1 out of every 3 times I'm using it, the touchscreen and home buttons will stop working. The screen gets all crazy, like if i have the app drawer open, it shutters up and down like someone is shaking the phone. The only remedy I've found is to use screen lock, and then open the phone back up. However, its kinda annoying. What do you guys think?

I've deleted some apps in hopes of figuring out whats up. Maybe Launcher Pro? But I've never had a problem with it before. Maybe b/c its refurbished?

Thanks guy

RyRy_M

Reaction score
Hey guys...so I got my refurb phone 2 weeks ago...it's non-rooted. 1 out of every 3 times I'm using it, the touchscreen and home buttons will stop working. The screen gets all crazy, like if i have the app drawer open, it shutters up and down like someone is shaking the phone. The only remedy I've found is to use screen lock, and then open the phone back up. However, its kinda annoying. What do you guys think?

I've deleted some apps in hopes of figuring out whats up. Maybe Launcher Pro? But I've never had a problem with it before. Maybe b/c its refurbished?

Thanks guy

I had the exact same problem...spent weeks trying to isolate/figure out what was causing it. I ultimately did a full factory reset and did not re-install any of my apps - the issue was still there! I finally took it to the Verizon store..the tech had no clue and hadn't heard of the issue before. Of course the phone worked fine when I was in the store, but he took my word for it and ordered me a refurb right then.

OP
C

CorkYRogers

Reaction score

Thanks guy

I had the exact same problem...spent weeks trying to isolate/figure out what was causing it. I ultimately did a full factory reset and did not re-install any of my apps - the issue was still there! I finally took it to the Verizon store..the tech had no clue and hadn't heard of the issue before. Of course the phone worked fine when I was in the store, but he took my word for it and ordered me a refurb right then.

Well it looks like I'll be on my 2nd refurbished phone within a month. They didn't even send me to another store for once, just told me a new one will be shipped out tomorrow. This is kinda getting annoying.

sbursik

Reaction score
Same thing here. Just got my refurb yesterday. I had the entire left side of the screen not working and any fingerprints on the screen caused it to go nuts. Factory reset did nothing. It was hardware. Now I am seeing this all over the forums. Seems the defect takes a while to show up?