My droid is spazzing out

Reaction score
Has anybody elses Droid been acting crazy since yesterday? Since yesterday afternoon my browser opens by itself and will scroll up and down uncontrollably, the app drawer opens on it's own, it cycles through apps, opens them randomly. Sometimes you cant move from screen to screen on the home page. Anybody else???

diverbelow

Reaction score
Has anybody elses Droid been acting crazy since yesterday? Since yesterday afternoon my browser opens by itself and will scroll up and down uncontrollably, the app drawer opens on it's own, it cycles through apps, opens them randomly. Sometimes you cant move from screen to screen on the home page. Anybody else???

Mine was doing the same thing and it was rebooted it self couple of times.

OP
M
Reaction score
dont get it. I'd like to think they are preparing a 2.2 update, but I'm sure that's not it. :p

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple different instances where this was caused by a dire need to clean the screen off, combined with a screen protector that is evidently being thought of (by the Droid) as one big finger confusing the heck out of the touchscreen. Not saying this is the case here, but sounds similar.

Also heard of weird stuff like this with non-oem chargers...

I've even seen (firsthand) weird jerkiness when plugged in with certain USB cords, though not to this extreme.

dont get it. I'd like to think they are preparing a 2.2 update, but I'm sure that's not it. :p

jayb

Reaction score
I have seen this happen using a " cheap " charger.

chach

Reaction score
Mine started doing this too, but it started a month or two ago at least. When I reboot or even take the battery out and reboot, it would usually be ok for a very short while when it would come back up, but then start freaking out again. It would always go back to normal if I would leave it alone for say 10 or 15 minutes.

One thing I'm currently trying (I only did this 3 or 4 days ago) is I had had the weatherbug big widget on my home, and over the weekend I removed it (did not uninstall weatherbug though). It has not happened since I removed it, but, since it's only been a few days, that's not conclusive yet. It seemed like it would happen maybe once a day or every 2 or 3 days. The first time it does it now though will prove weatherbug isn't the cause.

Anyone else experiencing this and using the weatherbug 1x2 widget?

Also: I only see this whlie the phone is unplugged, but I always unplug it to use it. I only use the charger that came with it.

Update: The issue occurred again with the Weatherbug widget gone, so it would seem that's not the cause.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had problems with this today as well. The screen would unlock and open random apps. twice it put some random folders on the homescreen. I was running the most recent Cyanogen, went back to DarkEdge, but still had this problem I thinking about unrooting and going back to stock since DarkEdge randomly turns the cell signal off so I'm afraid of missing calls. I have tried a battery pull, but I've had it on charge since I got home so the screen is on anyways.

subsynth

Reaction score
I had dropped calls, got a beep and then the call was disconnected, happened twice, the other end sounded like bad reception as well, so I don't know which side was to blame...

I also had a random reboot about an hour and half ago that I didn't notice, but my Battery Usage timer had reset and I hadn't plugged it in.

I also have a weatherbug elite widget on my home screen...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had problems with this today as well. The screen would unlock and open random apps. twice it put some random folders on the homescreen. I was running the most recent Cyanogen, went back to DarkEdge, but still had this problem I thinking about unrooting and going back to stock since DarkEdge randomly turns the cell signal off so I'm afraid of missing calls. I have tried a battery pull, but I've had it on charge since I got home so the screen is on anyways.

dark edge has been randomly shutting the cell signals off? is that a common problem? i tried it briefly but didn't stick with it... but it seemed nice and smooth, and looked cool obviously, too, when i used it

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I had problems with this today as well. The screen would unlock and open random apps. twice it put some random folders on the homescreen. I was runnin

dark edge has been randomly shutting the cell signals off? is that a common problem? i tried it briefly but didn't stick with it... but it seemed nice and smooth, and looked cool obviously, too, when i used it
been running since release and have no signal issues. No issues at all actually

Sent telepathically through the ether

Reaction score
Well it seems that way at least. I'll watch the bars and it will go from 2 to a red X. Plus last night it was having problems sending texts. I've never had a signal problem out here where I live before, so this is the only thing that I can think of.

Neupy

Reaction score
The other night at work I used glass cleaner to clean face gunk off my screen/screen protector. Phone went BONKERS for like 5 minutes. Opening stuff goin crazy etc. I just pulled the battery and waited a few mins and everything was fine.