Screen in pocket.

PaNdAz

Reaction score
I was wondering if I would put my D3 screen face down in my pocket (lie to hear the speaker if it goes off) would it mess up the touch screen. Searche the forum and didn't find anything. Thanks in advance.

sent from my hunk uh steel

spasch

Reaction score
I do just that to protect the screen from damage. I have never had that be a problem.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
PaNdAz

PaNdAz

Reaction score
Okay thanks. Just don't trust the fact that Im kinda afraid of the screen going all hectic on me

Shimmy549

Reaction score
As long as you turn off the screen, you'll be fine. Unlike some other phones (that I've owned), this phone is VERY hard to wake up from inside a pocket. The power button is not easy to accidentally hit.

The only real problem is pocket lint.

OP
PaNdAz

PaNdAz

Reaction score
Yeah. Im mostly afraid of that getting into the ports. I had an eris and the usb port got lint into it and it wouldn't charge.

spasch

Reaction score
I don't have issues with lint in the ports. The bigger issue is lint in the slides. That is fairly easily cleaned with compressed air though.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've had my D3 since October and just like my old D1, it goes with me in the pocket, no screen protector. And (knock on wood) I've had zero problems.

HOWEVER: be forewarned that there are 3 or 4 threads here (maybe more) all noting that the D3 screen seems to "scratch" -- this is from previous D1 owners who handled both phones the same exact way. Nobody really knows what's going on, but the best theory at this point is that the D3 screen is NOT scratching (it's Gorilla Glass like the D1) but rather, the anti-glare coating (which the D1 lacks) gets slight marks on it. For sure there is stuff in everyone's pockets that can do the deed -- so maybe take a few minutes to read some of those threads and decide whether you want a screen protector. I decided to go naked :icon_eek: but I am acknowledging the risk.

-Matt

spasch

Reaction score
I have heard about scratching the coating but I have never seen it. I work on vehicles all day with this thing in my pocket. I frequently have drill shavings work into my pockets and stick to the speaker magnets. I may be scratch lucky?

I have had droid 1s 2s d2gs and 3s without a scratch on any screen.

I have seen the pictures, it is possible.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
I had the Droid 1 for a year and a half and put the phone in my pocket as you described and NEVER had a problem with it. I now have a D3 and also do this and don't have any problems either. You'll be fine :)