Screen cast to smart tv

Wadman

Reaction score
Ok. So I have an Insignia Roku tv. I bought it back in June and absolutely love it. However, I am having issues with casting my Droid Turbo 2 to the t.v. Sometimes it will randomly work, other times it won't. I contacted Insignia and they informed me that it must be my phone. Also, with this particular t.v. I don't have to be connected to wifi for it to work. I know this because I have no wifi at my house and I have gotten it to work a few times. I guess my question is: why does it work only sometimes? Has anyone else had issues with mirroring with their turbo 2? If so what solutions do you have? I need this because we watch movies and i hate using all of my hotspot data. Any help would be appreciated.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I think the Turbo 2 has Miracast built in, and don't think you need a wifi connection to use Miracast? I could be wrong though, I only used it once....years ago.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Don't thank me yet, I'm not 100% sure.

And not sure why the OP was able to get it to work sometimes, but not always.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
Yeah it's weird. I know that I can use it without wifi but it's just odd that it works sometimes and then poof, it doesn't. maybe it has something to do with the t.v. Oh well. I will figure it out. Thanks for the responses.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
On your Turbo 2, in Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning. Is Bluetooth and Wireless scanning turned Off. When those are On that is known to cause interference with existing WiFi or Bluetooth connections. Just a thought.

OP
Wadman

Wadman

Reaction score
On your Turbo 2, in Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning. Is Bluetooth and Wireless scanning turned Off. When those are On that is known to cause interference with existing WiFi or Bluetooth connections. Just a thought.
I hadn't thought of that!! Ill check right now and when I get home I will see if it works. Thanks again! That's why I love this site. Great people here.