Can't use mirror cast after the update?

ngt

Reaction score
So I'm using my Sony blue ray player to mirror cast (from my lg v20) football games via game pass on my tv. Worked flawlessly all season. After the update, it says I'm connected but my screen doesn't show up. Only thing i can see that's different is there's a wifi direct icon on my phone now when i use mirror cast that want there before. It still works from my tablet etc...just not my phone.

Thoughts?

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Yeah, no update. Works on my tablet, use to work on my phone. When i try to connect, the WiFi direct notification comes up, which is the only thing noticeably different, besides it not showing my screen. It connects just like normal, but instead of showing my phone screen on the tv, it's just the tan background of the Miracast app on my blue ray player.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
have you restarted your phone? if that does not help, try the fix all and delete the cache partition.

1. From the home screen, tap Settings.
  2. On the General tab, tap Storage & USB > Internal storage.
  3. Wait for menu options to finish calculating.
  4. Tap Cached data and then tap OK.
  5. Wait for the cached data to clear; depending on size it will take several seconds to complete.
  6. When the wipe is complete, the storage screen refreshes and cached data will not be listed. This means your our cached data has been successfully cleared.
  7. When you enter the Storage menu again, Cached data appears and will show as "Calculating."
the above stolen from Wipe cache partition: LG V20

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
Tried it, didn't work. It says it's connected, but it doesn't mirror. Here's what i see, instead of my phone's screen.

Attachments

• 1119170711.jpg
    1119170711.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 359

Gasmerty

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Htc
If the operation is all right, it can be used

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
So, i got another Android Update this morning. Miracast works now. No idea what changed, but it works now :)

martinsmith

Reaction score
Website
www.wenso.co.uk
Current Phone Model
Lenovo
Twitter
Wenso_Smith
Yeah, no update. Works on my tablet, use to work on my phone. When i try to connect, the WiFi direct notification comes up, which is the only thing noticeably different, besides it not showing my screen. It connects just like normal, but instead of showing my phone screen on the tv, it's just the tan background of the Miracast app on my blue ray player.

useful post..thanks for sharing the information