Screen becomes sluggish/unresponsive?

dangsy

Reaction score
I've found that sometimes [maybe 1 of 10] times I try and send a text my screen will start to slow [sluggish, only half my presses register] then it becomes unresponsive [none of my touches register].

The Home key still works but when I click to go back to the home pages the screen is still unresponsive.

This also happens when I leave my phone idle, for example, this morning I couldn't turn my alarm off. Or on several occasions I've missed phone calls because I couldn't slide the slider.

The fix: I press the power button to LOCK then I'll slide to unlock the phone. This bring the phone back.

Does anyone else have this problem? It happens while in SAFE MODE also. Should I get it replaced?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

YourBrainOnDrugs

Reaction score
Yes, I've had similar issues. Are you using the swype keyboard and or voice to text? Because one of the two is usually involved when I have these kinds of issues.

Although I've also had a few instances where the screen becomes unresponsive right after I plug it into the charger and I've had to unplug it & use the lock button to bring the phone back.

jdroidme84

Reaction score
I've started to notice similar issues on my X the last two days. The screen would become very sluggish and unresponsive for maybe 15-20 seconds then seem to correct itself. Then this morning I took the phone out of my pocket and the screen was unresponsive I could not bring up the unlock screen I had to pull the battery and reboot. Any thoughts or ideas would definitely be helpful I was about ready to go over to Verizon earlier and ask them what was going on.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Had it happen a few times briefly prob not for that long though seems half the times the issue is my left hand holding the upper left corner by accident

Did have it pickup and need to pull the battery once forget what I was doing though

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
Did a factory reset and it still happens....I might have to call up Verizon. Seems others don't have this issue and I want a phone that works 100%

By any chance do you guys have the NAV problem where it close randomly while in use?

KevinWP

Reaction score
Yes Sluggish at times (from sleep, from alarm, etc). (Yes, power button to lock then unlock solves problem)
Yes to Swype.
Yes to random drops from NAV.
Yes Extra sluggish and some force closes on Voice Search.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
Yes Sluggish at times (from sleep, from alarm, etc). (Yes, power button to lock then unlock solves problem)
Yes to Swype.
Yes to random drops from NAV.
Yes Extra sluggish and some force closes on Voice Search.

I have all these exact same problems though my Voice search will lock instead of force close. I have to use ATK to get it working again.

I called up Verizon and they're sending me a new one. Hopefully it won't have these issues either.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm am not using a X, I have the reg droid, but I have the sluggishness where I have to press the power button off and on.

I think it is an android issue.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
[video=youtube;3RilWwMXnhs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RilWwMXnhs]YouTube - droid x screen problems[/video]

Some of the crap I have to deal with on the X

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I noticed this problem after running the phone for half the day with a couple dozen different programs. Over the course of time phone was getting slower and slower because programs remained in memory in the background.
installed ark and set it to autokill everything except the ones that load themselves on boot up everytime i turn off the screen. Problem solved.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
The android platform should auto kill programs we shouldn't need to kill all tasks like that for our phones to work properly! And the phone definitely shouldn't act like that!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It should but it doesn't kill all of them, otherwise million of people wouldn't be downloading task killers. Just have to know how to use them properly.

OP
D

dangsy

Reaction score
So you're saying what's going on is normal....even though the majority of people don't have this issue? I guess if you're willing to settle for a defec....tive device