Scratch-proof screen protector?

lettuce chief

Reaction score
i currently have some screen protectors that i ordered for the valentines release for the Thunderbolt. When the screen is off its literally a mirror. looks cool. anyway, the package for them was labeled HTC INC HD :eek:hmy:. but they are like 1/10th of an inch too short for the screen, and they get scratched somehow. i mean not gashes but theres scratches and it doesnt look as good :) so are there any good screen protectors you can recommend? for any type of reasons? and any screen protectors that are scratch proof? any screen protecors that are a mirror AND scratch proof? :)

ATLfalconsATL2

Reaction score
i currently have some screen protectors that i ordered for the valentines release for the Thunderbolt. When the screen is off its literally a mirror. looks cool. anyway, the package for them was labeled HTC INC HD :eek:hmy:. but they are like 1/10th of an inch too short for the screen, and they get scratched somehow. i mean not gashes but theres scratches and it doesnt look as good :) so are there any good screen protectors you can recommend? for any type of reasons? and any screen protectors that are scratch proof? any screen protecors that are a mirror AND scratch proof? :)

Zagg makes a great screen protector

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App

OP
L

lettuce chief

Reaction score

for what reasons?

BSG4893

Reaction score
I like to use bodyguardz dry apply... I like them because they were really easy to apply, they are smoothe and they aren't too thick but theyre very durable... Also it is very easy to get all of the air bubbles out and any left over air just comes out on its own over the first 24-48 hours

ATLfalconsATL2

Reaction score
Scratch proof and warranty with free replacement if ever damaged

mark3748

Reaction score

for what reasons?

this video will answer that:

[video=youtube;LDQzCPx_g0c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDQzCPx_g0c&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Reaction score
You should be able to find your answer in the selections here, there are a lot of great choices. I personally am using a Steinheil Ultra Fine, although a lot of people like the Ultra Clear. Many people say they like ZAGG because of the durability, but I think they look bad, are expensive, and are difficult to apply compared to the Steinheil. The lady who sold me my TB at BB had one on her EVO and it looked like an orange peel was on top of it from the bumps.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...-brand-screen-protector-your-thunderbolt.html

OP
L

lettuce chief

Reaction score
Welp i ordered the zagg one already... Any tips? I got 45 days to return it sooooo haha if somethings better i might use that. Im thinking of putting the mirror protector on first.... Then the zagg one over that. I really like the mirror part just wish it didnt get scratched. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

mark3748

Reaction score
Welp i ordered the zagg one already... Any tips? I got 45 days to return it sooooo haha if somethings better i might use that. Im thinking of putting the mirror protector on first.... Then the zagg one over that. I really like the mirror part just wish it didnt get scratched. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

use a lot of the spray they give you, both on the protector and your fingers. This helps a lot.

Purgatoiry

Reaction score
this video will answer that:

If you watch their other video, after they drill the surface and begin to peel it off, you can see it transfered to the screen as well, then they cut away and it's crystal clear and definitely a different phone. So i wouldn't put much faith in that vid.