Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

Reaction score
What brand of screen protector will everyone be getting for their ThunderBolt?
Will you go with a dry application or wet application?
Will you go with an anti-glare or anti-fingerprint?
Or will you choose to go naked? The screen is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof, so you are taking a risk by doing so.
And why did you make that choice? Through my research so far, people seem to have a lot of varying opinions.
Are there any better companies out there for this type of accessory not listed?

Note - (I'm assuming that these companies will all make versions for the TB, which might not end up being the case).

Last edited:

leonozug

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna try the Seidio screen protectors Chris, I was looking at them, the innocases, and that 1600 mah battery they sell for the 'Bolt, so I'll probably order all three. I love my Droid innocase so I think I'll stay with Seidio. Hopefully it won't make the 'Bolt too much bigger than it already is.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna try the Seidio screen protectors Chris, I was looking at them, the innocases, and that 1600 mah battery they sell for the 'Bolt, so I'll probably order all three. I love my Droid innocase so I think I'll stay with Seidio. Hopefully it won't make the 'Bolt too much bigger than it already is.

I'm considering doing the exact same thing as you, just to make it easy. The battery is not available yet, but you can pre-order the protector and case to be shipped on 2/18 I think. The battery fits in the same door, and the cases supposedly do not add a lot of bulk (for a case).

However, I'm open to trying other options as well based on what people have to say about the protectors.

Last edited:

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
I've had Zagg since my BB Storm. Expensive, but they are 100% what they market. I've had one on my OG Droid since 11/09 and haven't had any problems, obviously no scratches, haven't had to take it off and put on a new one. I trust em

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Which company provides best anti-fingerprint?

No clue, haven't really looked into each one yet, I just kind of made a list and put this out there so I could find out what other people think who have used them before over an extended period of time.

I just want something clear, smooth, thin, durable, not too expensive, easy application, no bubbling, etc. Anti-glare and fingerprint would be nice, but I have no idea whether these features detract in any way from any of the above requirements, or whether it makes no difference.

wctaylor79

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
zagg on my D1 since i got it. $15 lifetime warranty. replaced once cause i knicked it with my keys. glass was fine of course. if u need to replace they put $15 hold on your account. u get new one. send back pieces and they refund right away. however not sure yet with bolt. i like this thread. gives me other options to explore.

OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
Seems like ZAGG is winning so far, followed by Seidio. I've decided to go with the Seidio after reading a lot of negative reviews about ZAGG products, ranging from orange peel effect (bumps), peeling, bubbling, difficulty of application, fear of using liquid solution on electronic device, high price, etc. The patented material and free replacement sounds great, and it does protect the screen really well if you can overcome all of the above. I might try Boxwave too at some point after the Seidio when they finally come out, or see what else is out there after a few months of this phone being on the market. I'm steering away from anything with a wet-application, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

It seem like a lot of people plan on going without a screen protector or case. Sure, the body and glass on the TB will be quite durable, but I want to be able to get a high resale value on this device in 1 year, so I am going to protect my investment from scratches and drops.

I also read a tip online for applying screen protectors. Do it in the bathroom after running the hot water in the shower for a little while. The steam will help prevent hair or dust from getting caught underneath between the time you remove the protective backing and apply it.

Last edited:
OP
guitarchris123
Reaction score
SGP HTC ThunderBol

The Steinheil SGP Ultra series are available now, and look like some really good alternatives to the others available already. They have Ultra-Clear (very hard, crystal-clear,, naked look), Ultra-Fine (matte finish, no glare or fingerprints - which is what sold me), and Ultra-Oleophobic (anti-oil) models. I bought the SGP "Ultra-Fine" instead of Seidio. Dry installation is easy (watch YouTube videos for iPhone installations), comes with 2 per package and handy dust remover stickers.

Last edited:

BGKris

Reaction score
SGP HTC ThunderBol

The Steinheil SGP Ultra series are available now, and look like some really good alternatives to the others available already. They have Ultra-Clear (very hard, crystal-clear,, naked look), Ultra-Fine (matte finish, no glare or fingerprints - which is what sold me), and Ultra-Oleophobic (anti-oil) models. I bought the SGP "Ultra-Fine" instead of Seidio. Dry installation is easy (watch YouTube videos for iPhone installations), comes with 2 per package and handy dust remover stickers.

With your recommendation. I went ahead and ordered the same. Thanks Chris!

detox

Reaction score
Go with zagg. They're guaranteed for life and they are awesome. They are expensive but totally worth it. 14.99 online with 2.99 shipping but with promo code zagg20 you get 20%(3.00) off you order. Basically free shipping. Or you can go with the full body zagg for 24.99. I don't do the matte finish. It makes the screen look pixelated. I'd rather go with the clear, dependable screen cover.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hawgpapa

Reaction score
Zagg... No doubt. One on my OG Droid since the beginning, nuvi gps, wife's evo, & my Canon 35mm. Worth every penny.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

AlexSB

Reaction score
I have Zagg on my D2 but I'm leaning on trying out the Steinheil for the TB I've heard good things from them.

hawgpapa

Reaction score
I don't think the full body Zagg's are worth it. I love the screen protector, but the full body is a pain...I have spent the bucks on two full bodies - a Blackberry 1 1/2 years ago and one for my OG Droid last year. I took them both off except for the screen protector. Don't waste your cash for the full body.