.sbf issue - need advice

crg31953

Reaction score
First, the facts, I'm running a Windows 7,64 bit pc. I'm using RSD Lite 4.9, and the most current driver I'm aware of 4.7.1.

I was able to sbf when I was using VZW 2.2.20 with no problem. I recieved the ota update to 2.3.20 and assuming everything would still work, reinstalled Squidlys rom, currently 2.3.20.1 and love it.

The issue is when I went to test the .sbf for 2.3.20, I now get a flash fail error. I'm trying to flash with my D2 in boot loader, usb debugging is on and the error log for RSD shows this,

17:14:18, December 09, 2010
Line: 868
ERROR: \\?\c:\users\chuck\documents\vrz_a955_2.3.20_1ff_01.sbftèá contains an invalid path.
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\PST_FP_FlashFileIO.cpp
17:14:18, December 09, 2010
Line: 552
ERROR: The superfile specified does not exist
File: D:\GitProjects2\hdt_windows_flash\flash\code\flashdll\FlashHdlr.cpp
Device ID: 0

Any help or advice would be appreciated, I do know how important sbf capabilities are if drastic things happen. Thanks

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
There are two different sbfs for the droid 2 which are the 2.2.2 sbf and the 2.3.2 sbf if you received the 2.3.2 ota then the 2.2.2 sbf will only brick your phone you must use the 2.3.2 sbf. set it on the root of your C:drive then flash it from there.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
C

crg31953

Reaction score
I'm trying to flash VZW_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf and it seems no matter where I place the file on my pc I still get the same error. Any other suggestions?

chrstdvd

Reaction score
That is the exact sbf I used with rsd light to flash to my Droid 2. Off the top of my head I would suggest that you delete the sbf off you computer and re download it. I had a bad copy of the 2.2 sbf and had similar difficulty until I re downloaded it.

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
I couldn't get RSD Lite to work on my Windows 7 65 bit machine. Loaded all on XP machine and flashed without problem. Just my 2 cents.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
I couldn't get RSD Lite to work on my Windows 7 65 bit machine. Loaded all on XP machine and flashed without problem. Just my 2 cents.

This is usually because you have the wrong driver installed. The default download page gives you a link that says is for both 32 and 64 but. It lies. Go get the real 64 bit driver and you're all set.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Fl1f1sh

Reaction score
Thans for the reply. I will give the driver download a try. I thought I had the 64 bit drivers, but it is possible that I don't have the correct drivers.

OP
C

crg31953

Reaction score
I've downloaded the latest 64 bit driver (4.8.0) and I'm still having the same issue? The phone is recognized the .sbf is recognized and I still get a flash process failed. The same error log in RSD about an invalid path.
I'm not sure why it would work for the 2.2.20 sbf and not this one. I'm trying to flash right into bootloader, it should work?? HELP!!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Look, I have been worried about this. I flashed that sbf with RSD lit 4.7. I am attaching that zip file here. See if you have any luck with using it. Uninstall the 4.9 first. I know I saw something that said you have to use 4.9 but I saw that after I was into my flash. It worked fine. I then downloaded 4.9. I am glad I kept a copy of 4.7 on my external hard drive. If this does not work, I still say redownload the sbf file.

aeidian

Reaction score
I too had issues with this. I was using darkonion's guide over on xda, but the link for the .sbf was invalid. I got my .sbf from here:

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/11/01...2-3-20-update/

Used RDS 4.8 to put it back on the phone. One thing of note that (might) have caused me issue, make sure you're rooted first. I did his 1click unroot first thinking I should do that then flash the .sbf and it kicked errors. Redid root with the 1click method and followed the guide and it seemed to work fine.

OP
C

crg31953

Reaction score
Ok, I know I have the latest 64bit driver, I've tryed to flash the VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf using Rsd LITE 4.7, 4.8 and 4.9. I still get pretty much the same error log for all. Can anyone provide a reputable down load link so I can try again hoping the sbf is bad? Running out of options big time!!!

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I am trying to attach the .zip that I use but at 422 mb, I think it is to large. I will email it to you if you want. It is to big. Here is where I downloaded it from, I have so many bookmarks it took forever to find it; it is the last thing on the page.
Droid2files.com/tools/ | Droid 2 Themes | Droid 2 Apps

http://www.iamthewalcs.com/Support-Files/Droid 2 2.3.2 SBF.zipAnd just for giggles and grins, here is a direct link for drivers.
Motorola Drivers (if you are using Windows) which can be found here:
http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-...tware_and_Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-DriversMotorola 4.7.1 Driver with MotoConnect*

I use the same machine as you. I did not install the above drivers. I used the Android SDK and the SDK Manager to place drivers on my computer, at same time I downloaded the files that make my "play computer phone" work. I forget what it is called, it is a virtual phone on your computer. (my current project is trying to root it.)
I zipped up my USB driver folder from the Android SDK and attached it. You can use it to compare what you have. I have no idea how to install them because it was automatically done for me.

I certainly hope some of this helps you. I know how it feels to be frustrated trying to figure this "stuff" out. I am retired and have nothing else to do, but still, some things should work right the first time.

OP
C

crg31953

Reaction score
I am trying to attach the .zip that I use but at 422 mb, I think it is to large. I will email it to you if you want. It is to big. Here is where I downloaded it from, I have so many bookmarks it took forever to find it; it is the last thing on the page.
Droid2files.com/tools/ | Droid 2 Themes | Droid 2 Apps

And just for giggles and grins, here is a direct link for drivers.
Motorola Drivers (if you are using Windows) which can be found here:
Motorola 4.7.1 Driver with MotoConnect*

I use the same machine as you. I did not install the above drivers. I used the Android SDK and the SDK Manager to place drivers on my computer, at same time I downloaded the files that make my "play computer phone" work. I forget what it is called, it is a virtual phone on your computer. (my current project is trying to root it.)
I zipped up my USB driver folder from the Android SDK and attached it. You can use it to compare what you have. I have no idea how to install them because it was automatically done for me.

I certainly hope some of this helps you. I know how it feels to be frustrated trying to figure this "stuff" out. I am retired and have nothing else to do, but still, some things should work right the first time.

Thanks for the help, I used the link you provided to redownload the sbf. I also downloaded the driver zip you provided. Now to do some testing, I've never had these issues before and am glad it's not an emergency (yet). Thanks again and I'll let you know how things turn out.