SBF from ZS 1.71 ?

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
forgive me if this is covered already as I haven't found it yet.. recently I had serious problesm running ZS 1.71, constant reboots and fc's, after trying a number of things I decided that I wanted to sbf to froyo and start over with a clean slate, maybe try apex or at least a clean ZS 1.71 with no theme. I am using rsd lite 4.9 and SBF file: VRZ_A955_2.3.20

I have SBF numerous times from several roms, including from the GB leaks, this is the first time I have SBF from ZS however, just curious if I am doing something wrong... atm I am unsure what else to do except try reflashing again, as I have read sometimes it can take people a few tries, although that has not been the case for me. When running rsd lite it prompts me to reboot manually. When I pull the batt I end up in boot loop, which has happened to me many times on GB, normally I hold "x" go into OEM recovery and do a data wipe, problem solved, setup froyo-->root--->GB but when I launch into recovery, I see the android and the "!" but upon pressing the volume keys/search I get no menu prompt at all....

any feedback is appreciated

Last edited:
OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
hrm flash # 4 worked... weird...

this can be closed lmao

Last edited:

T3viin

Reaction score
did urs reboot constantly outta nowhere too? my did. i got tired of it. i told the dev but he cudnt help. said mine was the only one rebooting outta no where. so i tired other roms. liberty 0.7 being doin great bu if i cud go back to ZS i would. the battery life is too die for. plz help :/

Thisguy89

Reaction score
did urs reboot constantly outta nowhere too? my did. i got tired of it. i told the dev but he cudnt help. said mine was the only one rebooting outta no where. so i tired other roms. liberty 0.7 being doin great bu if i cud go back to ZS i would. the battery life is too die for. plz help :/

I can say that I've never had a random reboot with ZS, and I've been using it since the first release.
...Actually I've had reboot issues once, but that was because of the app Bump.

Sent from my ZombieStomped Droid 2

T3viin

Reaction score
yes i had bump and unistalled it. bu the reboots happened everytime. i would reflash ZS clean every time and still only on this rom would it reboot. most of the time when playing music from any player :(.

havens1515

Reaction score

I can say that I've never had a random reboot with ZS, and I've been using it since the first release.
...Actually I've had reboot issues once, but that was because of the app Bump.

Sent from my ZombieStomped Droid 2

I agree. I've had problems with random reboot on other ROMs (even stock ROM,) but nothing with ZS (after getting rid of Bump at least.) I had a couple reboots yesterday, but I know one was b/c of the Google Music Beta malfunctioning, and idk what caused the other. Other than those 2 though, (which were both probably caused by an app malfunctioning or something) never had a truly random reboot with ZS.

jmpx55x

Reaction score
The only reason I flashed a different rom was because of the random reboots I got sick of them now I'm running cm7 and I love it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
the reboots were insane, and I didnt have bump either... >.> but it wouldn't happen at first, would always be a few days after flashing ZS 1.71

jmpx55x

Reaction score
That's exactly what would happen to me, I had no idea what was causing it either, that was the only rom I had problems doing it with, so when cm7 came out for the droid that was enough to push me to flash something different.

bapperton

Reaction score
I'm having such a hard time sbfing, guys. I'll get it to say success and then it'll still boot to the zombie stomped boot logo and then get stuck.

I can still boot to the bootloader and have flashed at least 4 times.

What sbf did you use to get back to froyo?

jmpx55x

Reaction score
I used the one in the cm7 thread, are you wiping data and factory reseting after you sbf? That's what I did to get it to boot.

bapperton

Reaction score
Yeah, I've been wiping the data and cache afterward.

The zombie boot logo still shows after the sbf. Is this indicative of anything? Seems like it shouldn't be there.

Did you use the full sbf? Or system only? Or what?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wasn't just about to ask that. If you use the full sbf (which I recommend), you shouldn't see the zs logo

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8