D2 Dead After Attempted Recovery

Romulet

Reaction score
Ok so I was on ZombieStomped 1.71 for awhile and it was running all nice and stable. Yesterday my texting started acting up that I could only send a few words before it would lock up and (eventually) force close. I tried uninstalling Chomp, texting through the vanilla SMS, that sort of thing and it was still dead so I figured I would just make a restore of my current standing and flash back to my clean install of 2.3.2.0 from before I did ZS (I'd been looking at switching to Cyanogen anyway). So I make the backup, tell the phone to restore to the backup of 2.3.2.0 and sit my phone down. The next time I pick it up, it's got the ZombieStomped boot logo and it's locked there and not going anywhere. I can get into bootloader, but RSD 5.3.1 doesn't detect my phone. I can't get into Recovery mode by holding X (the ZombieStomped logo appears, then the droid with the !, but pressing Search does nothing), but if I just leave the phone alone when it boots, sometimes it makes it into Recovery by itself (not always, alot of times it gets stuck on the logo). I don't particularly care what version/rom/whatever I go to, as long as my phone is usable when I get there. I've tried wiping cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, everything I can find online and nothing has worked so far. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Bootloader D2.35
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.8
RSD Lite v5.3.1
Latest Drivers

pressguy27

Reaction score
Try downloading the lastest moto drivers, that might help with rsd lite detecting your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using CM7-GB

OP
R

Romulet

Reaction score
Try downloading the lastest moto drivers, that might help with rsd lite detecting your phone.

One of the steps I did in trying to get RSD to work was to download the latest drivers, which I got from their website, so that's been tried. Thank you for the suggestion, though.