Sbf found

Reaction score
for those non on xda the awesome devs working on the D3 for root. Well sbf found its 222mbs in size and they plan on looking for exploits if anybody can help please jump to xda or start another thread going. Its time to crack this phone open and free our selves of bloatware and poor launcher redraws

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I want it!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sweetness. That gets us one step closer. At 222mb that's a full sbf so they should be able to find something.

end of line...

LT*

Reaction score
This is great news. I'm pretty happy with it non-rooted, but root would make it all that much sweeter.

OP
S
Reaction score
its signed with test keys meaning. DO NOT FLASH IT. P3droid is on irc join the chat to help the root process

ItsTrentB

Reaction score
That's great news! This is posted the same day I had a dream this morning I got a PUSH notification on my phone from my GMAIL saying "a dev has found ROOT for Droid 3..Click here for Instructions..".. TRUE STORY.. I woke up to look @ my phone..disappointed.. LOL..i checked if there was Root the night before and I think that's why I had that dream..

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't flash it folks.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

pyro6128

Reaction score
haha I don't see why any non dev would even consider flashing a non rooted sbf in order to obtain root. But hey that's just me

Dmw017

Reaction score
sorry, excited as any1 to get this rooted, but what does the sbf do and/or how does it contribute to finally achieving root?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
sorry, excited as any1 to get this rooted, but what does the sbf do and/or how does it contribute to finally achieving root?

Unlike the system dump this will allow the devs to find a real exploit to obtain root.

end of line...

Dmw017

Reaction score
Reading the XDA thread, it seems the developers were rather disappointed with the SBF and didn't find anything important.

pyro6128

Reaction score
yea, seemed to be another dead end. On the bright side though, they say they understand the system a bit better now. I guess any sort of additional info counts as progress