Saving Picture Received in Message to Gallery

smrivera80

Reaction score
Hello, all!

I've tried searching the forums, so I apologize if this has already been answered. And unless I'm glossing right over it, I couldn't find information about this in the online manual either! I received a picture in a message, and I'd like to save it to my gallery in my Droid. Long pressing the photo doesn't give me any options, nor does pressing the menu while viewing the photo. Anyone know how (or if) this can be done?

BTW, it's peanut butter jelly time... :icon_ banana:

warrior21

Reaction score
Are you using handcent? Try long pressing next to the picture outside of the message

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
smrivera80

smrivera80

Reaction score
Hi, warrior21.

No, I'm not using Handcent or any other 3rd party app. Just the regular messaging thread menu.

Any other suggestions?

warrior21

Reaction score
I just went into the stock messaging app and longpressed on a picture. A menu popped up with copy to sd card in it. Is that coming up for you?

OP
smrivera80

smrivera80

Reaction score
Ah, yes! The problem was that I was short pressing the photo to view it separate from the message, and nothing happens when you long press at that point. I long pressed the thumbnail that was in the message, and I got the option to save it to my SD card! Awesome, thank you!

:heart: :biggrin:

warrior21

Reaction score
Ah, yes! The problem was that I was short pressing the photo to view it separate from the message, and nothing happens when you long press at that point. I long pressed the thumbnail that was in the message, and I got the option to save it to my SD card! Awesome, thank you!

:heart: :biggrin:
Glad to hear you got it working:icon_ banana:

pyro6128

Reaction score
droid rule of thumb; when in doubt, longpress

red_martin

Reaction score
Wallpaper Pic Email Problem

When I longpress the picture icon in the message, I do not get the option to save. I get the Message Options Menu which is to lock or unlock message, call, add, forward, view message details, or delete message. I tried to fwd msg to email but it will not fwd attachment. I downloaded the wallpaper from the Verizon Site and was sent a picture email. Any help on this ....