save picture from email to gallery

elizfield

Reaction score
Very basic question here: I received an email, with a picture attached. I was using my work email that I have configured to be picked up by my droid. I press on the picture. I then do a long press and upcomes the option to download or save. I press save- there is now a long list of folders that mean nothing to me. I choose SD, and create another folder called Pictures. None of this helps.

All I want is this stupid picture of a puppy to show up in my gallery. How stinkin hard can this be? I should just go back to a razor and quit trying to play with the big kids. :)

Thanks.

Al Neri

Reaction score
I have similar question but from texts. No idea how to save them to my gallery and it must be possible, I could do it easily on my (pos) Samsung Glyde.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
if you are saving images from gmail then its download into a folder called download. as far as pics from msging...I use handcent and it download the pic into sd/handcent/download. either way it should show up when you launch the gallery.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very basic question here: I received an email, with a picture attached. I was using my work email that I have configured to be picked up by my droid. I press on the picture. I then do a long press and upcomes the option to download or save. I press save- there is now a long list of folders that mean nothing to me. I choose SD, and create another folder called Pictures. None of this helps.

All I want is this stupid picture of a puppy to show up in my gallery. How stinkin hard can this be? I should just go back to a razor and quit trying to play with the big kids. :)

Thanks.

When you press download, it brings it to your gallery. It's just that simple. Just press Download, then press your home screen. Pull up your gallery, it will be in there.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I press save- there is now a long list of folders that mean nothing to me. I choose SD, and create another folder called Pictures.
Save it in Pictures. It doesn't matter where it's stored as long as you can remember the folder you're storing pictures in. The Gallery will automatically add photos unless you do something to exclude a folder.

RodK

Reaction score
Ditto here

I want to download a photo that came attached to an email into my gallary on my new Droid X - have spent 30 minuets trying to figure it out - anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks

RodK

Reaction score
Success saving photo to Gallary

I was not able to get a photo attached to an email into Gallary I downloaded it to teh SD card - finally when I turned off my phone and and turned it on again the photo was in the Gallary

codaham

Reaction score
This isn't right

When you press download, it brings it to your gallery. It's just that simple. Just press Download, then press your home screen. Pull up your gallery, it will be in there.

When saving from email, it doesn't give you a download (or save) option or anything else. It's really pretty crazy that this isn't an automatic thing on the droid. This should be the simplest thing ever.