Saving pics from forums or facebook.

captnslapy

Reaction score
We just got the DNA and I can't seem to figure out how to save a pic that I've clicked on threw facebook or any other forums. My old iphone was simple as holding on the pic and a menu would come up to save. Same as my wife's android phone? How do I do this with the DNA? And how do I take screen shots? Thanks in advance. I'm sure many more questions will follow.

Psykho

Reaction score
Most pics you can press the menu key and save if the press and hold doesn't work. Press volume down and power at the same time for a screen shot.

txter

Reaction score
2 ways. If you use the app, open the pix and hit share and then select notes. It will save it in your notes for you to share however. If you use the mobile site with the browser, open the picture and tap on view full size and it will download it to your download folder. Both will be be saved either way.

OP
C

captnslapy

Reaction score
Do you guys actually have the DNA? Most of these suggestions do now work.

Psykho

Reaction score
I have one and so does my wife and all of these work for us.. That's strange. That they don't for you.

OP
C

captnslapy

Reaction score
Well holding the screen doesnt give me the option to save like other androids.

indee2025

Reaction score
silly people

Do you guys actually have the DNA? Most of these suggestions do now work.

Yes I have the DNA and the suggestion does work. You could easily do a google search for "how to take screen shots with the Droid DNA" and you will find others telling you the same thing we have already told you. You hold the power button first then immediately hit home button and you'll hear the camera shutter snap, I use it frequently...the screen shot will show up in your gallary app.

If you want to save pictures you encounter the Droid DNA indeed does this but you need to do it the correct way. If you were looking at "Spaceship" in google images....you would first click on the picture...then within the screen in the upper right hand corner it will say "Full-size image" after you click that full-size image button it will display the picture in it's original resolution/size etc...long press THAT photo and you will absolutely be able to save the image and do what you want with it....it will appear in both the downloads app and your gallary app.

OP
C

captnslapy

Reaction score
Ok well it worked from googling spaceships. But it doesn't work when you click on a fb picture. We get lots of family pics of if there.

indee2025

Reaction score
nope

Ok well it worked from googling spaceships. But it doesn't work when you click on a fb picture. We get lots of family pics of if there.

It works the same way on fb.....go to a photo from the newsfeed....then click the photo (not long press just click) then just below the photo on the lower left side click "view full size" then you will get your download...it will be in your gallery app. I too snag photos from fb frequently and I do it this way.

florida flash

Reaction score
The only thing that seems to work for me is to click the menu and share. Then email it to yourself.

Robster

Reaction score
I have the same issue as the OP. If I open my FB app then click on someone's profile then click on their pics and open a pic, the only options I have are to either share the photo or make it my wallpaper. There is no option to simply save the pic in my gallery. I suppose if I make it my wallpaper it might save into my gallery but that shouldn't be the only way to do it. Long pressing on the photo does nothing. That does kind of stink.