Save Wallpaper Image, Help!

jjjj

Reaction score
I messed up my SD card, well DOuble Twist did actually as it mounted my phone and I didn't realize that, so when I unplugged the phone it corrupted my SD Card. I had to reformat it, but lost ALL the pics on my phone (and no, didn't back them up).

I've got a great pic of my dog as my wallpaper right now, which must be on the phone and not my SD Card, and I want to save it, but can't find where the wallpaper images are stored.

I tried Wallpaper Set and Save, but that keeps crapping out (no permission, force closes), so curious is there any other way I can save this pic from the wallpaper into a JPG so I can keep it?

Thanks!

Dchun48

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue - have you found an answer yet? Nobody replied to my post either.

nickademus420

Reaction score
I believe that anything stored on your local "hard drive" cannot be accessed unless it is a motorola or droid program. And through the normal "Files" app you can only see items on your SD card. You have to "root" your phone, and then install QuickSSHD onto your phone, from the android market, then install WINscp onto your Windows PC that you want to use to view the files on your phone. Connect WINscp to your phone via SSH, then move files as you please.
I would write more details, but I am just paraphrasing what has already been written:
How To Root
How to SSH into Phone after Rooting
I'm still working on figuring out where the android stock wallpapers are stored at.

tobalr

Reaction score
Solution, Wallpaper Saver App

Hi. I have just developed an app that can save your current wallpaper to SD, share it, ect. Furthermore it automatically saves a copy of each wallpaper you set, so you will get a history of all the wallpapers you have been using.
My app is called Wallpaper Saver, can be downloaded from Google Play and is Free!
Download it here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.alroe.apps.WallpaperSaverFree