Sapphire 1.0+ slowing down internal network?

clairecakes

Reaction score
I'll say straight up that it COULD be my router, but the boards and support for Sapphire are infinitely better then for my router.

Running a WNDR3700 mixed B/G/N on the 2.4GHz radio. Things run fine. I watch Netflix on my XBox, stream videos between computers. Frolic. All that.

Then I turn on my beloved Droid running either Sapphire 1.0 or Sapphire 1.1.0. Suddently Netflix drops from 4 bars and HD quality to two bars. Or the video I'm streaming from one computer to the other starts skipping like it's uncompressed 1080p.

And it's VERY consistent. I turn on my phone and video streaming slows to a crawl.

I've tried other G standard devices (and old iPod Touch and a netbook) and haven't seen this issue. However I have a specific ip address assigned to the phone and not to those other G devices. Switching my video streaming devices over to the 5GHz radio available on my router is also not an option.

I checked the wifi connection on the phone and it reports the standard G connection of 54MBps.

Any ideas why I'm seeing this?

Droid is currently running Sapphire 1.1.0 with Incognito 1.2 Red Beta and the 250-1250 low voltage kernel.

nygrik

Reaction score
you know this may not be related but i also noticed last night when hooking up a brand new belkin router in my brothers that when my phone and a friends evo were on even the wifi wasnt activated we could not connec the PS3's to the router...i shut my phone off and they both connected right away...later that night when i turned my phone on it dropped a connection on one ps3...i would say this is unrelated and didnt think to much into it but my phone never had the Password for the router...it was just a weird signal being sent between a laptop two ps3s and three smartphones in the room

wingdo

Reaction score
What else is connected up to the router? On single band 802.11n routers (i.e. what you have) once you connect up a G device, the router has to drop ALL connections to G speed to maintain compatibility. So if you don't have any G devices hooked up and you fire up the network connection on the Droid (which does not support n), speed will drop and your signal strength *may* change.

OP
C

clairecakes

Reaction score
That's what I thought at first too. But I'm not seeing that kind of slow down with other G-standard devices.