Droid X Not seeing Wireless N

xholmezx78

Reaction score
Hey peeps. Ive been playing with the Droid X since Friday, and not really noticing any Wifi issues per-say. I did notice that I cannot see my Wireless-N signal from my router.

I have several Apple Airport Extreme routers, 1 being the multi-band router that has both separate bands for G and N connections.

The G band is separated into 2 separate wifi signals, one for my core home network and Guest networks, and then the core home N band for the 5GHz frequencies. The droid x connections to the G band and I can see my PS3 and home network devices just fine, but when browsing for my 5GHz signal, I do not see it listed. From all the specs I have read, the X should be N compatible.

I have verified that my 5GHz network is working just fine, and multiple computers and connect and work on it with no issues what so ever. It is also not a BSSID connection either. All the same encryption settings on the G bands apply to the N band as well.

Anyone else run into this?

OP
X

xholmezx78

Reaction score
Thanks for the info :(

I live in an apartment complex and the 2.4GHz wireless is f-in crowded because people dont know to change their wireless channels and causes problems for everyone else.

esmtexas

Reaction score
Poor to no signal reception using WiFi 802.11 N @ 5GhZ

I have experienced the same issue with an Apple Airport Extreme. Seems it gets confused. Day one, no issue, day two and beyond I can no longer use the Airport and am now using the Verizon Fios G Router. I was going to re-configure my Airport to only send 2.4 to see if that helps. Interesting the problem I had was intermittent signal strength when running Speed test. It would jump up and down until I forgot the Airport and connected with the other router. I thought N only ran on 5 not 2.4?

OP
X

xholmezx78

Reaction score
I haven't run into any connectivity issues, except with a Linksys WRT-G router. But that thing has poor coverage to begin with.

I am moving to a bigger place on the other side of the neighborhood, so maybe that will clean up some of the Wifi congestion issues I am seeing now.