Samsung 'Nexus Prime' Shows Up On Best Buy Website for $300

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bb-prime.png

Apparently, either Best Buy knows something that no one else does, or they never got the memo that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was not called the Nexus Prime. Regardless, Best Buy has added the phone to their website with an on-contract price of $299.99, but they used the "Nexus Prime" name again. Of course, it is possible that the Verizon version could come out with that name, but it seems unlikely at this point. Of course if you look closer at the ad, it also shows a pricing date from November 27th to December 31st, which really makes no sense since the phone wasn't released on that date. More than likely, this was someone in Best Buy marketing that made some errors...

Source: PhanDroid and BestBuy

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol, not to sound like a hater, i really love the news team here but this story is last weeks news and has also since been updated. Best Buy actually corrected this on website and with a memo. id find you a link but i dont have the time this morning.

jcardona1

Reaction score
Haha if you rely on the news here we'd still think Verizon was planning on selling a phone called the Galaxy Nexus :biggrin:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha if you rely on the news here we'd still think Verizon was planning on selling a phone called the Galaxy Nexus :biggrin:
Lol, the news team isnt that bad here. Usually on top of stuff within a day or two. The bestbuy link confuses me though because its not at the official best buy page, its at shoplocal.com

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol, not to sound like a hater, i really love the news team here but this story is last weeks news and has also since been updated. Best Buy actually corrected this on website and with a memo. id find you a link but i dont have the time this morning.
Nah. You don't sound like a hater brutha. You are just pointing out what you see. We appreciate feedback always! As far as the "Best Buy" old news story... that one was referring to a print ad from Best Buy. I did the story: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...y-nexus-nexus-prime-verizon-pic-disputes.html. This one is new, and a bit different because it is about the website, the corrected price, and the strange dates. Perhaps you are talking about a different story that we didn't cover, but if so, I think that all they corrected was the price, because my source link still shows the incorrect name and the strange dates. It is a similar story to be sure, but still worth posting for the speculators out there. :)

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I'd much rather have this called Nexus Prime over Galaxy Nexus.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nah. You don't sound like a hater brutha. You are just pointing out what you see. We appreciate feedback always! As far as the "Best Buy" old news story... that one was referring to a print ad from Best Buy. I did the story: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...y-nexus-nexus-prime-verizon-pic-disputes.html. This one is new, and a bit different because it is about the website, the corrected price, and the strange dates. Perhaps you are talking about a different story that we didn't cover, but if so, I think that all they corrected was the price, because my source link still shows the incorrect name and the strange dates. It is a similar story to be sure, but still worth posting for the speculators out there. :)
Best Buy issues correction notice over Nexus Prime, Galaxy Nexus conundrum :biggrin:

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's a special Best Buy version:D
This doesnt matter. Lol, my phone will be called Optimus. The names not on the actual phone so who cares? lol thats all bestbuy would be doing if they did release a prime.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Either that or the 27th was supposed to be the release date and they didn't update the website.

bb-prime.png

Apparently, either Best Buy knows something that no one else does, or they never got the memo that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus was not called the Nexus Prime. Regardless, Best Buy has added the phone to their website with an on-contract price of $299.99, but they used the "Nexus Prime" name again. Of course, it is possible that the Verizon version could come out with that name, but it seems unlikely at this point. Of course if you look closer at the ad, it also shows a pricing date from November 27th to December 31st, which really makes no sense since the phone wasn't released on that date. More than likely, this was someone in Best Buy marketing that made some errors...

Source: PhanDroid and BestBuy

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cough* cough* :happy3: Update* Cough* Cough*
Yep. Good call. You did spot this story sooner. It's funny that the source for my story didn't catch it either, as the date it was published was a couple of days after the story you found on PhoneArena. Ah well... as hard as we try, we can't catch them all fresh. ;)