Samsung Nexus Prime first live shot leaks!

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Text off the screen, bottom bezel pointless and big, Shaped like a nexus s. Im gunna go out on a limb here and say fake. =/

I think I might have to agree with you. But their reputation is good. If you look REALLY close, there is additional space to the left of the text, then it gets darker. But still looks a little suspicious to me.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I might have to agree with you. But their reputation is good. If you look REALLY close, there is additional space to the left of the text, then it gets darker. But still looks a little suspicious to me.
Idk Shadez, this one really looks like a photoshopped Nexus S. They're going to have to do better to convince me.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Idk Shadez, this one really looks like a photoshopped Nexus S. They're going to have to do better to convince me.

I agree, or at least additional photos.

The same picture was tweeted by many of the other droid forums. Perhaps everyone is just getting a little to anxious to see it and taking what is given instead of taking it for what it is.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Anyone know how the past Nexus phones did sales numbers wise? Curious to know if these phones sell like hotcakes or not.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Today would be a GREAT day for a legitimate big fat Nexus Prime leak though!

A handful of blurry photos to show hardware and OS, and a shaky 30 second video in russian or taiwanese just to to offset the Apple coverage.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
My two cents regarding the realness of this photo.

I do design work for a living (I'm very experienced with photoshop and design techniques) and I'm near 99% confident this photo is real. I understand the lighting in this photo can throw people's perceptions off, but take notice of a couple things. People have been questioning the last 3-4 rows of text, and how they seem to overlap the black-ish bezel on the left. Where is says DisplayMetrics, you will notice that the black bezel on the left has become somewhat transparent because of the direct lighting overhead (just above the large glare). Since there's some degree of transparency (1-3 mm, give or take), that would account for the text at the bottom appearing to overlap or bleed into the bezel. Why Samsung/Google chose this, I don't know? Maybe it's awesome in person, we'll just have to see.

My main point is, I've examined this photo very closely, and there's none of the usual photoshop tell tales (hard edges, unnecessary blurring, strange shadows, etc.). Believe what you want, nothing will be certain until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth next week. This should be the longest week of my nerd life, but luckily I'm getting married this weekend, so I'm pretty busy with other stuff ;)

jcardona1

Reaction score
So much for this sexy rendering :(

nexus-prime-federico-ciccarese-render-001.jpg

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
A lot of phones have top and bottom bezels, you can't help it. The teardowns usually show the same thing from phone to phone because you need someplace to put non-screen related parts that eat up space. Some things and can't be placed under the circuit board like the antenna, speakers, microphones etc. that make up the bottom bezel. The top bezel has to hold a camera, another speaker for your ear, and light/pocket/face sensors.

That's my reasoning, anyway.

creaky

Reaction score
This should be the longest week of my nerd life, but luckily I'm getting married this weekend, so I'm pretty busy with other stuff ;)

Congratulations! If you're taking your honeymoon right after the ceremony, I hope your partner understands that you'll have to be glued to a live feed of the Google/Samsung event next Tuesday. Or maybe your honeymoon is *attending* the Google/Samsung event....

Back on topic, if this is real, I'm glad the metal bezel is part of the design. The one thing I really haven't liked about Samsung phones is all that plastic.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
My two cents regarding the realness of this photo.

I do design work for a living (I'm very experienced with photoshop and design techniques) and I'm near 99% confident this photo is real. I understand the lighting in this photo can throw people's perceptions off, but take notice of a couple things. People have been questioning the last 3-4 rows of text, and how they seem to overlap the black-ish bezel on the left. Where is says DisplayMetrics, you will notice that the black bezel on the left has become somewhat transparent because of the direct lighting overhead (just above the large glare). Since there's some degree of transparency (1-3 mm, give or take), that would account for the text at the bottom appearing to overlap or bleed into the bezel. Why Samsung/Google chose this, I don't know? Maybe it's awesome in person, we'll just have to see.

My main point is, I've examined this photo very closely, and there's none of the usual photoshop tell tales (hard edges, unnecessary blurring, strange shadows, etc.). Believe what you want, nothing will be certain until we hear it straight from the horse's mouth next week. This should be the longest week of my nerd life, but luckily I'm getting married this weekend, so I'm pretty busy with other stuff ;)

Does she know about this nerdiness yet or are you going to spring it on her after it's too late?!

matt2783

Reaction score
Really hope it doesn't ship with a 4.6" screen. 4.3" is plenty for a phone.