Samsung Is Confident They Have Found The Cause Of The Note 7 Fires.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Shhhhh.....Come closer.....Got a secret for you.....THE RUSSIANS DID IT!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Eh, Toyota, Ford, etc, barely saw hits after having issues that killed people. A tech company can easily survive this. Samsung makes amazing devices, and as a complete package no one else really matches them. If they'd get a backbone and stop allowing carriers to add bloat they'd pretty much be the best of the best in every way.

Apple survived Antennagate and sending thugs to people's homes; Sammy can get through this.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Samsung makes amazing devices, and as a complete package no one else really matches them. If they'd get a backbone and stop allowing carriers to add bloat they'd pretty much be the best of the best in every way.

because HTC, Sony, Moto & LG don't allow bloat?

S7 Edge tap'n

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
because HTC, Sony, Moto & LG don't allow bloat?

S7 Edge tap'n
None of them are even remotely comparable to Samsung in terms of the revenue they help bring to wireless providers. The point is that they have the clout to stop it, but they cater to carriers and not consumers.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
That's besides the point. Bloat is big business plain and simple and no manufacturer, regardless of size, is going to stop installing bloat. (Or stop allowing bloat to be installed by carrier's) Even Nexus devices have bloat....it may be small Google bloat, but it's still bloat nonetheless. If the average consumer truly cared about bloat on their device, Nexus would be the number one selling device, not Samsung.

S7 Edge tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's besides the point. Bloat is big business plain and simple and no manufacturer, regardless of size, is going to stop installing bloat. (Or stop allowing bloat to be installed by carrier's) Even Nexus devices have bloat....it may be small Google bloat, but it's still bloat nonetheless. If the average consumer truly cared about bloat on their device, Nexus would be the number one selling device, not Samsung.

S7 Edge tap'n
Apple has bloat also, Safari being just 1 example.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

S7 Edge tap'n
I'm not going to give up the out of the box features and functionality that Samsung offers to avoid that, it simply would be a nice change. And you're quite wrong: Apple absolutely keeps all that carrier garbage off of their devices. Strangely enough, they seem to have smother overall performance over Android devices year after year. Yes, their hardware helps with that, but carrier bloat that is horribly unoptimized and constantly running on Androids sure doesn't help.

Anyway, I'm not sure why you decided that my aside on bloatware was worth commenting on to this extent considering the thread, but I've said my piece. I'll be keeping it on topic about Sammy identifying the cause of their issues and how they'll bounce back. Merry Christmas and all that jazz.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
7f1298be343dd8361dd59a489d36a6e9.jpg

Sorry, couldn't help it!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
And you're quite wrong: Apple absolutely keeps all that carrier garbage off of their devices. Strangely enough, they seem to have smother overall performance over Android devices year after year. Yes, their hardware helps with that, but carrier bloat that is horribly unoptimized and constantly running on Androids sure doesn't help.
Bloat has nothing to do with "smoothness" of ios. Here is the technicals of why it feels smoother.

In iOS, UI rendering processes occur with dedicated threads in real-time priority, halting other processes and focusing all attention on rendering the UI. . In other words, every time you touch your finger to your iPhone’s display, the OS literally goes crazy: “Someone’s touching us! Someone’s touching us! Stop everything else you’re doing, someone’s touching us!”

In Android, though, UI rendering processes occur along with the main thread with normal priority. In other words, it treats rendering the UI the same way as it would, say, downloading a podcast in the background, checking for SMSes, or anything else. Hence, a choppy UI.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloat has nothing to do with "smoothness" of ios. Here is the technicals of why it feels smoother.

In iOS, UI rendering processes occur with dedicated threads in real-time priority, halting other processes and focusing all attention on rendering the UI. . In other words, every time you touch your finger to your iPhone’s display, the OS literally goes crazy: “Someone’s touching us! Someone’s touching us! Stop everything else you’re doing, someone’s touching us!”

In Android, though, UI rendering processes occur along with the main thread with normal priority. In other words, it treats rendering the UI the same way as it would, say, downloading a podcast in the background, checking for SMSes, or anything else. Hence, a choppy UI.
With Touch Wiz it's "someone is touching me. What do I do now?" Then "oh yeah , I'm supposed to react".

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

So extra processes constantly eating up RAM and CPU power has zero to do with the extra lag on Android devices? Not buying that for a moment. Both hardware and software side issues cause Android issues, and carrier bloat is doing nothing to lessen that, especially because the carriers by no means bother to optimize for each divice.

Okay, really, officially done. If it doesn't have to do with Sammy identifying the cause of the fires I don't care to discuss it anymore. Don't care, not gonna read, and not gonna respond. There are 10000 other threads where we can discuss the shortcomings of the devices that we love.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
you don't have to buy anything as i'm not selling anything, just stating technical facts. accept it or not is your business.