Samsung Galaxy Tab A - Desktop does not detect?

GasFlagPolice

Reaction score
Samsung Galaxy Tab A - SM-T550NKZAPXAR - Android Lollipop Version 5.0.2

Samsung Product Page: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7" 16GB (Wi-Fi), Smoky Titanium

Mine is Costco's 32GB variant.

Issue: Unable to get my desktop (Windows 7) to recognize a Samsung Galaxy Tab A & display in My Computer. Some months ago (around December) I had no issue getting the same desktop to work with a Galaxy Tab 4 (10.1 inch).

Nothing is displaying in the Windows System Tray & nothing on the tablet notification display either.

So far I've tried:

* restarts of both devices
* driver/Windows updates
* multiple USB ports
* using the original tablet USB cord

Any ideas?

*Feature* of a newer Android update?

Could this have something to do with previously using an earlier Samsung Tablet?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums GasFlagPolice. Although youare using the original USB cord, it may be worth it to try a different one. Some USB cables are only charging cables not data/charging cables. Also, pull down the notification list. Does it say anything regarding how its connected (ie. Connected as a media device, charging, etc)?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Not getting a tablets, and even some phones recognized by a computer is a fairly common issue. There are many possible reasons for it, some having to do with the registry getting confused by multiple similar devices being connected, sometimes it's some other software that got in the way. There may or may not be a solution worth chasing down or possibly no solution at all. If the reason for getting it connected is to manipulate files, copy/move etc. I have some tips in my signature for that.