Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 (7.0")

dknox67

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 (7" version) and it is NOT allowing me to use the MicroSD card (32GB). This MicroSD is a known GOOD memory card and has even been re-formatted in my tablet. I cannot create folders nor can I copy ANY data to this card! I have tried via the tablet (various file manager programs) as well as when connected to my my laptop (Windows 8). I KNOW there are supposed security issues with the latest android OS (I am running 4.4.2 on the tablet - same version as on my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone). The same issue existed on my phone, but once plugged into my computer, I was able to transfer ANYTHING. I cannot copy ANYTHING to the TABLET!

On the computer, as soon as I try to create a folder I receive this error:
"The new folder could not be created in this location. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Have you activated usb debugging on your tablet? It should be listed user system settings, developer options.

tap'n on my S5

OP
D

dknox67

Reaction score
Have you activated usb debugging on your tablet? It should be listed user system settings, developer options.

tap'n on my S5

I cannot find any setting on the tablet. Note the sethings are NOT the same on the tablet as they are in the galaxy phones

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm aware of that, but they are similar enough. Perhaps developer options hasn't been enabled on your device yet. Go into system settings, about phone, scroll down to build number and tap on it about 7-10 times. This should enable developer options on your device. Turn it on and usb debugging should be contained within.
This may not solve your problem, I'm simply throwing out suggestions to try and help. Good luck!

tap'n on my S5

OP
D

dknox67

Reaction score
Ok, debugging now turned on.... but same issue still exists.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
When you plug your device into your pc, you should show some options similar to this.
1AVznho.png
Do you have it connected as a camera or media device? (It should be set a media device)
Also, have you tried rebooting both devices? Have you tried a different usb cable?
If this is already the case then I'm at a loss. Hopefully someone else will have a few suggestions.

tap'n on my S5

Last edited:
OP
D

dknox67

Reaction score
Yes I have media device and camera as the only two options and have tried both (both were there from the start -before the debug mode). Also yes I obviously tried rebooting both devices. I am a desktop tech of ten plus years so obviously I tried all standard methods. Again, the same issue was on my phone (galaxy s3) for performing tasks direct on phone but once connected to my pc I was able to do anything I needed. This does not work on the galaxy TAB 4... I am hoping someone else can give me advanced methods to get this working.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply you didn't know what you were doing, simply trying to help going off the information in your OP. Good luck, hopefully someone will have an answer for you.

tap'n on my S5

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I don't believe this device recognizes your SDcard properly! This has been a known issue on older Samsung devices! It could be many factors as to why it is not detecting it properly!

The first step is can you please go into your \ Settings \ More \ Storage \

Scroll down and take a screenshot of the SD card portion so we can see what the OS sees??

OP
D

dknox67

Reaction score
I don't believe this device recognizes your SDcard properly! This has been a known issue on older Samsung devices! It could be many factors as to why it is not detecting it properly!

The first step is can you please go into your \ Settings \ More \ Storage \

Scroll down and take a screenshot of the SD card portion so we can see what the OS sees??
"Older samnsung devices"??? This is a brand new Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 7.0 (Model: SM-T230NU)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Do you have an adapter & a card reader? I know you said it's a known good card, but have you tried plugging it directly into your computer & putting a picture or something that the tablet could read on there?

Just wondering if the tablet is seeing the card, but can't read it, or if it's not seeing it at all.

Kaos' request to see the SD card in storage songs might also help determine this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dknox67

Reaction score
As for the screenshot of the "storage" section (see attached)
Capture.JPG

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As for the screenshot of the "storage" section (see attached)View attachment 73131
Ok. The tablet can obviously SEE the card... My other suggestion might help determine if it's having trouble reading it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk