Samsung Galaxy TAB 4 (7.0")

OP
D

dknox67

Reaction score
Do you have an adapter & a card reader? I know you said it's a known good card, but have you tried plugging it directly into your computer & putting a picture or something that the tablet could read on there?

Just wondering if the tablet is seeing the card, but can't read it, or if it's not seeing it at all.

Kaos' request to see the SD card in storage songs might also help determine this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, I have an adapter. Last time I tried this, I had transferred a bunch of music to it, but once I placed back in the tablet it said it needed to be formatted (tablet couldn't read it). Interestingly enough THIS time it worked!

I still need to get it working when the tablet is connected though because I have it in an Otterbox protective case, and do NOT want to have to take it out of this case anytime I need to transfer to this card (should not have to do this). Either way, at least I did make a LITTLE progress! (oh, and yeah before anyone asks the obvious, yes I did try to reformat numerous times)

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You can view the files now? Stupid question, but have you tried moving anything to the card from the tablet or anything else?

It's a step in the right direction, but it should be able to write if it can read, unless there's something wrong with the connectors in the tablet. I don't think it's a software issue.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
attached a pic... now I cannot remember the brand of the memory card.
I don't think I have ever seen a MicroSD card that didn't have the manufacturer's name prominently displayed on it. That's not to say it's not manufactured by a reputable company. Only SO MANY companies have the incredibly high end technology, equipment and knowhow to manufacture SD cards, and so it's probably made by one of the big manufacturers, Sandisc, Kensington, Lexar, Samsung, Transcend, Toshiba, PNY, Sony etc.

The only concern I have is that given there is no name printed on it, leads me to think this may be a bootleg MicroSD card - they're flooding the markets now, and an overwhelming majority of manufacturers from China (39 out of 40 in a recent survey), are not paying for, nor adhering to the SD Card standard (Home - SD Association In other words, compatability can be compromised. If manufacturers don't adhere strictly to the specifications and protocols, they may work on some devices that are more accepting of such protocol aberrations. It's very common that non-compliant devices will work in a Windows PC environment, but not in other computer devices.

I've experienced this personally with external Hard Drive NAS cases that claim to be SAMBA compatible, but are a bastardized version of SAMBA and "kinda work". For instance, when more than 4 devices were on ethernet under DHCP dynamic IP configuration, the 5th device connected would have IP conflicts. It took me weeks to narrow this down to the NAS.

Last edited:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I would say, or the card in the tablet, format it under the storage section, then connect the tablet to the pc thru USB. You should be able to transfer your files that way. But make sure the drivers are installed for your tablet from the website first! :)

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I would say, or the card in the tablet, format it under the storage section, then connect the tablet to the pc thru USB. You should be able to transfer your files that way. But make sure the drivers are installed for your tablet from the website first! :)

Tap'n on my Galaxy S4!
It's already been formatted that way without any change in result.