Samsung Galaxy S6 Full Specs Leaked

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s6-concept-render.jpg
The above image is just a concept render found randomly on the web.

Last year, the Samsung Galaxy S5 wasn't a big hit for Samsung. It wasn't exactly a flop, but it sold in far fewer numbers than Sammy had predicted and was actually less successful than the previous generation Galaxy S4. This year, Samsung wants to make sure that doesn't happen again, so they are apparently throwing just about everything they can at the wall to see what will stick with the Galaxy S6.

Here's a detailed breakdown of the latest leaked specs and features for the South Korean flagship smartphone:
  • 64-bit eight-core 14nm CPU which is 50% faster
  • 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display with a 577ppi density, stunning outdoor visibility, super dim mode for late night.
  • A huge 20 megapixel OIS camera sensor and a 5 megapixel f/1.8 front-facing camera with real-time HDR
  • 32 / 64 / 128GB of storage
  • 2550mAh battery
  • Built-in wireless charging
  • Four hours of usage on a 10 minute charge
  • Quick connect charging
  • Samsung Pay: works with 90% of existing magnetic stripe payment terminals, and NFC payment terminals
  • Metal and glass body
  • Gorilla Glass 4
  • Cat 6 LTE
There is talk that Samsung will have two versions of this device. The base model will have 3GB of RAM, while the "premium" version will have 4GB of RAM as well as the oft-rumored dual-edge display. This latest rumor seems to also support earlier rumors that Samsung will be using their own Exynos chipset across the board in all of their versions of the Galaxy S6.

Of course, nothing is confirmed until Samsung actually gives us the big reveal in March. Stay tuned as we bring you any breaking intel right up until we share those final details during their press event.

Source: Phandroid

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sounds like a beast phone. That battery though? C'mon man!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone will be [insert tiny number here] mm thick, so the battery can only hold but so much power.

Malkavian

Reaction score
This does sound like a beast of a phone. The specs sound great, but yes the battery could use a little more oomf? It will be interesting just want each carrier is going to get. I wonder if all 3 storage sizes will be available or will each carrier carry a different storage size. That would not be a good idea, I think it would limit the sales. People who don't want to change carriers would be limited based on the device their provider has and it might make them look at another phone with similar specs. Whey not put all variations on each provider?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The phone will be [insert tiny number here] mm thick, so the battery can only hold but so much power.

I'm hoping the skinny phone craze is coming to an end soon. Although Samsung has done a great job in reigning in power usage from their processors and Amoled screens it looks like they are going to rely on fast charging systems instead of bringing back real batteries.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I agree with @Malkavian. & putting a smaller sized battery than the S5 in their new S6 is a step backwards regardless.
Only time will tell. We get these specs leaked to us 2-3 months in advance, speculation runs rampant, then the device releases with significantly different specs and dreams are shattered, babies start crying and civil unrest breaks out.
Ok ok...maybe not the last part, but you know what I mean!

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Truth is, if they could get to where the charging is 1 minute for 60%, then charging becomes a non-issue. There is a technology where they fully charge a battery in something like 30 seconds, but I also understanding that it's a couple years away from making it to the consumer. What we really need are supercapacitors that charge virtually instantly. They're light and powerful, and don't degrade in performance anywhere near as fast over time as batteries do.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Samsung Pay? Really? No.

Battery-I agree with most comments already left.

Rest of device-I also agree with most comments already left.