samsung-galaxy-s3-to-get-multi-view-update

jwilly216

Reaction score
suggests that the Galaxy S3 is due to get an Android 4.1.2 update before the end of the year that gives the 4.7-inch smartphone the same Multi-View feature found in the Galaxy Note 2, which allows multi-window multitasking on the so-called “phablet.” The current build of Jelly Bean that has been rolling out to Galaxy S3 owners has the 4.1.1 version number.

Given the internal similarities between the Galaxy S3 and the Galaxy Note 2 (which effectively amounts to 200MHz of clock speed, 1GB of RAM and 0.7-inches of screen size), porting over Multi-View should be a trivial task.

gadgetinsiders.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-to-get-multi-view-update/1201911/

Picasso71

Reaction score
I'd still like to know when verizon is going to give me my S3 jelly bean update

OP
jwilly216

jwilly216

Reaction score
I'd like to know that as well but the update process is so convoluted that until the system fails detrimentally and a new one takes its place, don't plan on getting any kind of update any time soon.

srgio123

Reaction score
Considering the GS3 just came out a few months ago, why all the heartache about the jellybean update? When it comes, we''ll all get it, worrying about it won't get it here any sooner.

gottcha

Reaction score
srgio123 said:
Considering the GS3 just came out a few months ago, why all the heartache about the jellybean update? When it comes, we''ll all get it, worrying about it won't get it here any sooner.

I have been having the "No Sim" error on my S3 and have been told multiple times that I have to wait for the next big update to have it fixed and was told it will be JB. So from my point of view it should have been out months ago so the phone will work correctly!

RiceCake2000

Reaction score
I guess the carriers use the same rule as devs do as in "don't ask for a date"