Verizon Approves Jelly Bean Update for Galaxy S3, Likely Available in the Coming Days

justin482005

Reaction score
This may sound dumb lol but because of the size of the leak which was 1gig. When we do the OTA would that update delete the leak that I curently have installed? If not is there a way to go in and delete the leak? You get bavk the memory? Just wondering

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
This may sound dumb lol but because of the size of the leak which was 1gig. When we do the OTA would that update delete the leak that I curently have installed? If not is there a way to go in and delete the leak? You get bavk the memory? Just wondering

No the OTA update will only replace what is being used now it will not take up another GB of space.... The leak is the entire system not just the update....

justin482005

Reaction score
No the OTA update will only replace what is being used now it will not take up another GB of space.... The leak is the entire system not just the update....

Ok thats what I was thinking. Wasnt too for sure though

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Just saw on vzw forum
https://vzwsupport.jive-mobile.com/
Jb now 400+ meg in size

Yeah that may be the size of the file it is downloading but I HIGHLY doubt it will take up that much more space..... That includes the installers and all that garbage too so a lot of it should be cleaned up and removed after the install.....

virgil71468

Reaction score
Yeah that may be the size of the file it is downloading but I HIGHLY doubt it will take up that much more space..... That includes the installers and all that garbage too so a lot of it should be cleaned up and removed after the install.....

Yep. Just as in any install

jrayg

Reaction score
Alright, easy enough. I will side load flash. Just wasn't sure if it'd be compatible. Thanks! And like an idiot I updated foxfi so it isn't working like it used to now (limitations and all) I'm looking for a new alternative. And advice???

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Alright, easy enough. I will side load flash. Just wasn't sure if it'd be compatible. Thanks! And like an idiot I updated foxfi so it isn't working like it used to now (limitations and all) I'm looking for a new alternative. And advice???

Most report good things about the Power Toggle widget and using it to toggle the Mobile Hotspot......