Verizon Pushing Out VRBMF1 Update to Samsung Galaxy S3, Hopefully This Addresses Conn

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is my take on the new update, yes it works fine, no issues but one, the download and upload speeds have been crippled with the new radios, going from the stock Verizon ROM to my CM 10.1 RC 5 JB 4.2.2 ROM is like night and day, my upload and download speeds have tripled running CM , plus my phone is super smooth, actually it feels liquid smooth compared to the bloat fest loaded stock ROM.

debrad0307

Reaction score
My hubby's phone seems to be doing much better. The only issue he is having is that his 4g LTE stays on. Found out it's caused by that app "caller ID name" that comes preloaded. I had to disable the app in the application list to fix the 4g LTE issue. Other than that the phone is running much smoother. No speed issues, no data drop issues, and multi Window is still there :D

Sent from my Synergized S3 using Tapatalk 2

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
With my reset procedure and all the updates including this one. My phone works the way it should and did. Maybe even a bit better! ;)

bases1616

Reaction score
My hubby's phone seems to be doing much better. The only issue he is having is that his 4g LTE stays on. Found out it's caused by that app "caller ID name" that comes preloaded. I had to disable the app in the application list to fix the 4g LTE issue. Other than that the phone is running much smoother. No speed issues, no data drop issues, and multi Window is still there :D

Thanks for the heads up on this fix. I just updated my phone and noticed the same issue.

kaykay235

Reaction score
i updated and phone is still slow. battery still short lasting. text messaging is super slow still and i have to turn off wifi to get them to send half the time. also not getting 4g anywhere when i always have in the past. not happy at all.

debrad0307

Reaction score
i updated and phone is still slow. battery still short lasting. text messaging is super slow still and i have to turn off wifi to get them to send half the time. also not getting 4g anywhere when i always have in the past. not happy at all.

You need to do a factory reset if you're having issues. I can't stress that enough. A factory reset does wonders.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Maybe try the reset procedure i just tired up! Should fix all your worries!! ;)

debrad0307

Reaction score
Will your apps download when you do a factory reset?

Based on personal experience it's a 50/50 chance. Sometimes mine will and other times they won't. But, the play store keeps a list of every app you've ever installed so if they don't automatically download finding all of your apps won't be that big of a headache.

kaykay235

Reaction score
i have my backup assistant to backup my photos and contacts. so, does that mean after i reset i will be able to retrieve that backed up data somehow? i have never done a reset and i'm scared to lose all my stuff! thanks for the help.

debrad0307

Reaction score
i have my backup assistant to backup my photos and contacts. so, does that mean after i reset i will be able to retrieve that backed up data somehow? i have never done a reset and i'm scared to lose all my stuff! thanks for the help.

Yes. Backup assistant will restore your contacts and pictures after a reset. Your pics shouldn't be touched though. They save to your external SD card (unless you specified otherwise) and your external SD card doesn't get touched during a factory reset. Your contacts will restore and Google also has all of your contacts saved. So, no need to worry. You're covered.