Samsung Galaxy S3 - S Voice - download other speech patterns or voices?

carguy

Reaction score
I heard you can download alternate voices to the Galaxy S3 S Voice app, any truth to this?

Unable to find anything on it here on via Google search.

Thanks.

snitski51

Reaction score
Download the app called assistant. It is just a floating woman's head pretty much but it is by far the fastest assistant app available I think. If you are on a fast internet connection or 4g it will answer your question instantly unlike S-Voice where it takes a couple seconds....and it's FREE!! Give it a shot. Guarantee you like it....and it's also customizable.

applemac

Reaction score
how do you get rid of S-Voice?

I hate, hate, hate it! Will not prompt for opening command. Does not let me use my Jawbone ERA as efficiently as before.

applemac

Reaction score
Can't recognize my sister, that I call all of the time. Her name is Laurie Fike; should be easy to recognize. Is there voice training with 'Assistant'?

applemac

Reaction score
Chat with Samsung today, how depressing. Best phone on the market? I'm not sure. I want to love it. It is beautiful and yes, very advanced in many ways. But if it can't hear my sister's last name, how great is it? Not a terribly difficult name? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat Information You are now chatting with 'Shirly'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.

Chat Information Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK56401815381X

Shirly: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: Is there a way to 'train' S-Voice? It will not recognize my sister (in my contacts. I am using a bluetooth device.

Visitor: Just tried without bluetooth. Absolutely will NOT recognize her name. 'Laurie Fike' ???

Shirly: I will be glad to assist you.

Shirly: May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .

Visitor: SCH 1535RWB Verizon

Shirly: Thank you.

Shirly: Would you mind If I take 3 minutes while I gather the required information on your request?

Visitor: hello

Visitor: no take your time!

Shirly: Thank you.

Shirly: Thank you for being on hold.

Visitor: yw

Shirly: I will provide you with a weblink which will have the complete information on S-Voice.

Shirly: How do I use Samsung S Voice

Shirly: Please let me know if you are able to follow the steps.

Visitor: I have already done all of that.

Visitor: when I first got phone

Shirly: Is it with all the names?

Visitor: What do you mean? all with the names? Do you mean is it doing this with all of my contacts?

Shirly: Yes, is it same with all the contacts?

Visitor: no, it works with some. I haven't tried to call all of my contacts. It seems like it is working with most.

Shirly: Please try to make some changes in the name and then check with the result.

Visitor: okay

Shirly: Please let me know the status.

Shirly: Not to rush you, are we still connected on the chat?

Shirly: We have not heard from you. Do you wish to continue the chat?

Visitor: yes, 4 yr old driving me crazy!

Shirly: Please let me know the status of S Voice.

Visitor: I renamed her

Visitor: Laurie 'Pike' instead of 'Fike' and it worked! LOL

Shirly: Okay.

Visitor: But her name is Fike !

Shirly: I do understand you concern.

Visitor: Waiting for Jellybean and a fix for this.

Shirly: amsung will soon announce which additional devices are eligible for the Jelly Bean update. As the world’s largest Smartphone manufacturer, Samsung leads the Android community with best-in-class devices like the Galaxy S III, and is creating new device categories with products like the Galaxy Note. Samsung has delivered the most Nexus-branded lead OS devices and we are pleased that Google will be bringing Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Nexus S customers the first experiences of Jelly Bean on a handheld device

Shirly: *Samsung

Visitor: Is my phone a 'Nexus' phone?

Shirly: No, it is Samsung SIII.

Visitor: Well, I hope my phone gets the upgrade soon. I am not very happy with S-Voice. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem with my sister's name? Seems ridiculous to me that it can't hear an 'F' sound.

Shirly: I do understand your concern, but the parser in the S-voice are set to such that there are few words which are silent when used.

Visitor: So, you are saying that her last name, FIKE, is a word that S-Voice can't recognize?

Shirly: Yes, you are correct.
huh.gif

Visitor: Sirri understands it, motorola understands it. If I were Samsung, I would not be proud of that. Do you think think the JellyBean upgrade will address this?

Visitor: I'm thinking about taking my Galaxy back. Don't want to. But my goodness! that is crazy!

Shirly: We are unable to speculate when/if this software revision might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Visitor: I do understand that. So, there is nothing to do to fix this; right?

Shirly: I am afraid. Yes.

Visitor: Willl you pass this on?

Shirly: I will report this to the Samsung Global Support.

Visitor: Very unhappy. My sister was thinking about getting the GalaxyS3 too. But I know she won't if it can't even recognize her last name. Thanks for your help.

Shirly: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Visitor: no, thanks

Shirly: It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. If you have a minute, please click on the blue “X close” button to receive a transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey to help us serve you better. Have a wonderful day!

Chat Information Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

hopeville

Reaction score
i had the same problem with s-voice on my note 3. It could not recognize my wife’s names – colette- and kept asking what I wanted to "collect". To solve this, i went into the contacts and in the edit name section i added a “nick name”. I used – my wife- and now works perfectly. hope this helps.