Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Still Has Four Awesome Stand Out Features

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I got very accustomed to no removable battery with my maxx. It's not a deal breaker to me. I had a spare battery with my note 2. I never used it because my power bank was more convenient. It all boils down to what works best for the individual. What works best for me is not ludicrous. For me to insist that what works best for me must also work best for you, is well... ridiculous.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Amagine

Reaction score
Dude. I don't like the current design direction either but I'm not picking a fight over umpteen posts about it. I came from a moto razr to the S4. While I don't care for a non removable battery, I could live with it. Its the loss of storage that I don't like. However, I could live with an extended battery case that also has SDcard support if they made one. I'll have a case anyway. I always do.
That being said. I will most likely move on to a G4 in the winter sometime.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I don't like the no sd card either although I could live with it. The specs are not enough to make me want to choose N5 over the edge. If there was a N5 edge, then I could see myself making that jump. And I've gotten to where I love having my s-pen, so the S6 was not even a consideration for me.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got very accustomed to no removable battery with my maxx. It's not a deal breaker to me. I had a spare battery with my note 2. I never used it because my power bank was more convenient. It all boils down to what works best for the individual. What works best for me is not ludicrous. For me to insist that what works best for me must also work best for you, is well... ridiculous.

I have a Tab 1, 32 GB model. I had well over 3k photos and videos, hundreds of songs and pdf/.word files,2 entire seasons of Suits and 3 full length movies that I don't remember their names with no problem at all. It wasn't until adding a season of Deadliest Catch that it slogged down from lack of memory.
Yes I can live without removable storage. My only thing with the battery is if the battery goes bad I have to get a refurb phone and not a new battery only. If M is worse , than L, or even equal to, batteries are going to be a bigger gripe than sd cards. 3K battery on L?

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, I agree that is the biggest problem with not having a removable battery. I have yet to have to replace a battery on any of my androids because they no longer kept a charge, though. That also is because I usually don't keep my phone much more than a year. My son's iPhone have had to have a battery replaced twice though (two different iPhones).

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, I agree that is the biggest problem with not having a removable battery. I have yet to have to replace a battery on any of my androids because they no longer kept a charge, though. That also is because I usually don't keep my phone much more than a year. My son's iPhone have had to have a battery replaced twice though (two different iPhones).

Coming from Omnia to 2 Android powered HTC devices. I've still got some paranoia about swollen batteries from overuse. I went through a handful with the Omnia and 2 each extended on both the Inc and Rezound. Lollipop hasn't helped my fears. My phone is stellar one day then a vampire the next with no rhyme or reason I can find. I have to do a cache partition wipe every week since lollipop to keep it at bay.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

EddieSFL

Reaction score
What's the difference between the note 5 and the Galaxy s6 edge plus??

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
The overall design looks way too similar to my daughter's fruit phone 6 plus. No stinking thank you. Samsung was once the leader of the anti-crapple movement. Having microSD slots, swappable batteries, making spot-on fun of isheep, etc. Now they are emulating the kid they were bullying like some weird man-crush. And now we not only have isheep but also SamSheep, gobbling up whatever the company "decides" what you need. Sad. I will definitely be sticking with my Note 3 until someone seriously steps up to the plate and takes the anti-crapple reigns and rides with it. If the Note 3 gets unusable then I should be able to find a Note 4 somewhere.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I have yet to have to replace a battery on any of my androids because they no longer kept a charge, though.
I fired up my original Galaxy S Fascinate last week. Still runs like a champ almost 6 years later! The battery does however die very quickly so I need it replaced. (I have a spare, but it didn't last mUch longer. Understandable after so many years.
I think if Sammy goes back to replaceable batteries and ext sd cards.....they will continue to be the king of the smartphone hill they've always been. Put that in your pipe Moto fans! Bwahahaha!
I keed I keed! (Well.........mostly!) Ha!

S5 tap'n