Samsung Galaxy Note 5 'in the wild' Pics Destroy All Hope of MicroSD Slot

Batman8

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics, but this is absolutely ridiculous for a high end device like the Note series (it has ALWAYS had an SD slot)!!!!

Oh well Samsung...no SD slot, no purchase!

Edited by Ollie to clean up the language.

Last edited by a moderator:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I hope you're right @Jonny Kansas. I'm all for being pleasantly surprised. I may have to just go for the note edge instead if no sdcard. And I may anyway even if it does have the coveted slot.

I miss those days of the free sdcards also. A few years ago, my son choose his resound because it came with a 32gb micro sd.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Should've clarified. I think we'll be surprised by how this decision doesn't make as big of a difference as we think it will as far as sales go.

Also, I'm not sure who you tagged in your post @TisMyDroid, but it wasn't me. :p

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Lol, it shows up as you on TT. Some one is going to be confused (including me). After I check and see what the browser says, I'll tweek it to see what happens. (Edit: I added an "h" to Jonny, oops)!

And yes, I believe you may be right. I assume that Samsung's strategy is that the time to introduce no sdcard is when they have a device that is so spectacularly brilliant, no one will care (or most won't).

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

Last edited:

eebvending

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S10+
As I said before, people are being led like sheep by a big shepherd and being "told" what they need and should want. It's not that hard for non-tech people to figure out sd cards. I call bull crap on that one. I have family members who aren't tech wizards that completely understand them.

I hope the sales of the Note 5 completely bomb. Bomb so bad that South Korea will think that North Korea and China have invaded and are destroying everything in their path.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I used to be an avid SDcard user, but could care less now. Phones come with enough storage for my likings.

I wish people would make this big of a stink over something like the battery size.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
The big bummer to me is no dual front facing speakers =( If I decide to get one (and I probably will), I'll miss those dual front speakers.
I'm with you. I cannot be the only person who has to cup my hand behind my Note4 when watching a video, or have to find something to lay the phone on while setting it down on it's back when listening to streaming music, in order to not block the rear speaker.
A pair of front facing stereo speakers would definitely be a major selling point I'd think.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm with you. I cannot be the only person who has to cup my hand behind my Note4 when watching a video, or have to find something to lay the phone on while setting it down on it's back when listening to streaming music, in order to not block the rear speaker.
A pair of front facing stereo speakers would definitely be a major selling point I'd think.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk
Ditto, though I've had so many phones with the speaker on the back it's become second nature, it'd be nice to not have to do so. And I won't be mad if it's 2 decent speakers instead of one either.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think we'll be surprised. Though we know how a majority of the members of this forum feel about the situation, our membership doesn't exactly speak for the masses as a whole. As some have pointed out in other threads, there are plenty of regular consumers who don't even know that forums like this exist that have never and will never put an sd card in a phone.

I miss the days when they GAVE you an sd card with a new phone. I used to have a handful or 8-16GB cards laying around, that I eventually donated to people I knew wouldn't fill them quickly, but needed them. ;)
You are 100% right. As I've said before, ask me how I know ;-)

Sent from my Verizon G4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You are 100% right. As I've said before, ask me how I know ;-)

Sent from my Verizon G4
You're one I was thinking about this got first hand knowledge of what the average consumer does!

I take for granted that I'm a nerd. Haha

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You're one I was thinking about this got first hand knowledge of what the average consumer does!

I take for granted that I'm a nerd. Haha
Aww, I love that I am memorable to some people!

Honestly, I'm not surprised by this, and no one else should be either. We all know that the Note follows the Galaxy in many ways, and gives a few new features (4gb ram, or example). I would imagine they already knew they wouldn't have an SD card slot before it was even mentioned on here.
The funniest part about these people complaining about the memory are probably the same people that complain about TouchWiz. If you don't like what the manufacturer is doing, don't support the product. Hence why I am using an LG G4 :)

Sent from my Verizon G4