Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vs Droid Razr M

bakrulz

Reaction score
Hell World,

I have been using my Nexus since its original launch date; I picked mine up in stores on December 18th 2011. Its been a year and the phone is great; may be the battery life is a bit on the dark side for me. I am a Verizon user with unlimited data; and I currently have an option to upgrade to Razr M for free and I still get to keep my Nexus.

Can you guys comment, should I upgrade it or stick with the Nexus.

Thanks,

BAK

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
How would you upgrade to the M at a discounted price and keep your unlimited data? Also coming from a pure unlocked Google phone you'll have to realize unless you buy the developer edition outright you will now have a locked device. The development scene is nowhere near as active as the gnex.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Scimino

Reaction score
I couldnt upgrade at a discounted price. Very very few have done so from what i hear. You would have to buy the phone at full retail.

Last edited:
OP
B

bakrulz

Reaction score
The Razr M is an Unlocked version (a gift from my employer, which says Only works on Verizon); and my current phone Nexus is locked as I purchased it from Verizon. I have been a Verizon user since 2006, and had unlimited data plan since 2009. They cant take that away from me.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Hmm.. the nexus even from Verizon should be unlockable... you just have to run fastboot oem unlock. And Verizon sure can take that away from you. They got rid of unlimited data, doesn't matter how long you have been a customer. If you can get the unlocked M for free then sure...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The Nexus from Verizon is unlockable, mine has been unlocked since a day after launch. And as GCG said, Verizon does have the ability to take away unlimited from you.

As for switching to the Razr M, personal choice. I for one am happy with my Nexus and as a flash-o-holic it's about the only proper remedy to this sick addiction with the dev support it gets. The Razr M looks like a good phone, never seen one on hand, but it all comes down to personal use. I for one know that I can never use a stock phone, I need to ROM. And as for the battery, my battery life has definitely declined so I may just go pick up a spare battery, can't do that with the Razr M.