[Verizon] Phone Upgrade/Discount availble -- what droid to buy?! RAZR or Galaxy Nexus

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
When is the holiday return extension? Jan 15th? I think next week if it isn't out I go with the RAZR, and if the Nexus comes out before the 15th I'll eat the $35 re-stock fee.

what does this mean? i can buy the RAZR and if the nexus comes out before the 15th, i can return it and get the nexus?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
what does this mean? i can buy the RAZR and if the nexus comes out before the 15th, i can return it and get the nexus?

Yes, but not sure if you will have to pay a $35 restock fee (unless it's a gift).

Also, Jan 9th is probably correct...I think I got the 15th from 15 days after Christmas.

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
I went to the verizon store today, and hte employeeS said that htye havent even recieved training for the device yet, so it probably isnt going to come out before the new year :frown:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I went to the verizon store today, and hte employeeS said that htye havent even recieved training for the device yet, so it probably isnt going to come out before the new year :frown:

For the Nexus? There were a number of news posts on various sites a week or 2 back talking about how they had begun training for it. What I am remembering may have been ICS but they are pretty related.

OP
ksaul

ksaul

Reaction score
Yea for the galaxy nexus. I spoke with the manager at the verizonwireless store at the local mall, and he said they have the promotional posters (which were supposed to be setup last week but they were called and told not to set them up yet) and that they are scheduled for training but haven't been told when it will begin. He said he doesn't expect it to be onsale before the newyear. I am going to wait it out, and on the last day for the holiday purchase (where u get the extended return time) I am going to grab the RAZR and then just return it if it comes out when the nexus comes out (if it ever does lol)

Can someone tell me when the last date is to purchase a phone and have the extended holiday return time?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

goosedeath

Reaction score
Me personally, it's Nexus followed by the Rezound. If I had only had the Razr and the Rezound to choose from, I'd go with the Rezound. It's camera is waaaay better than the Razr and it's display is much nicer too. My $0.02

I concur. Rezound over razr. Much nicer product overall. It may not have the gimmicks that the razr is sporting, but they're just that, gimmicks. I played w/ both. I'll try and hold out for the Nexus, but...but....my D1, she's a harsh mistress sometimes.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
my sister bought vigor over razr, it was definitely a strong opinion on my part that convinced her though. I really dislike that bezel.