Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think some missed this post.... I agree that this is probably going to be the method for HD output.

It will most likely have what the GS2 and some of the HTC phones have.

It's a tech called Mobile High Definition Link
Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have to buy an adapter like this:

HTC Mobile High-Definition Link Adapter | HTC 73H00394-00M | Data Cables
One end plugs into the phones microUSB port and the other you put a full size HDMI cord into.

Wonmotyme

Reaction score
Although the Razor looks to be an amazing piece of hardware the fact remains that the Galaxy Nexus was developed around Android 4.0. For this simplistic reason I can not justify getting any other device at this time. (Even though the Rezound and Razor are looking to be nice phones)
Coupled with the fact, 4.0 seems to do away with any need for a Manufacturer's skin. Saving valuable resources.
Amongst a lot of other reasons that I am sure you have all read about and are aware of.
I do believe my mind is made up and my decision is concrete.
Best of luck to everyone else having to make such a tough personal decision.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
It will most likely have what the GS2 and some of the HTC phones have.

It's a tech called Mobile High Definition Link
Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have to buy an adapter like this:

HTC Mobile High-Definition Link Adapter | HTC 73H00394-00M | Data Cables
One end plugs into the phones microUSB port and the other you put a full size HDMI cord into.

Thanks for the info, I did not know about MHD but it makes sense, gets rid of the extra physical port.

Now the only fear I have is that Verizon will cheap out and get the 16 gig version...I need one with 32 gigs stock if it has no way to add more storage.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Although the Razor looks to be an amazing piece of hardware the fact remains that the Galaxy Nexus was developed around Android 4.0. For this simplistic reason I can not justify getting any other device at this time. (Even though the Rezound and Razor are looking to be nice phones)
Coupled with the fact, 4.0 seems to do away with any need for a Manufacturer's skin. Saving valuable resources.
Amongst a lot of other reasons that I am sure you have all read about and are aware of.
I do believe my mind is made up and my decision is concrete.
Best of luck to everyone else having to make such a tough personal decision.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I don't think I can go concrete with my decision until I get the device in my hand, but for now, call my decision "oobleck (the non-newtonian fluid) under constant moderate pressure"

bgrubb7

Reaction score
Now the only fear I have is that Verizon will cheap out and get the 16 gig version...I need one with 32 gigs stock if it has no way to add more storage.

I would imagine they will have both, similar to the iP4S, at 2 different price points. I also need 32GB and hopefully that one isn't more than 299 on contract.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Honestly this is the most promising device so far, the RAZR looks great but i'm afraid working with all of Moto's extra on it might effect the ICS experience. I am hoping we get confirmation soon for Verizon to offer it first. If i would be waiting for something else to come out it would have to be an ICS device and i don't think that would be so quick, i wouldn't pick up any phone running GB knowing ICS is on the market already, i would feel i'm getting an outdated device right out of the box.

Google is buying Moto (mainly for patents) but would keep it in it current model and wont rock the boat to much, remember its a multi-billion dollar deal and the legalities could take another year or more to complete. I wouldn't expect Bionic or RAZR to get it ICS so quick, first there would be an update to fix bugs that would be discovered after first mass use on the Galaxy Nexus, followed by tweaking and testing for newer phones with different hardware and after that we might see updates pushed out for older models. If my memory is serving me right a good amount of time elapsed between the lunch of the first GB device to pushing GB to other phones, heck some are getting it just now..

mikemullin6

Reaction score
nexus galaxy form site problem

Trying to register on galaxy forum website and get gibberish in "Human Interaction"

domain / ckey mismatch (Ju55Ezr7LeREXT-uvbdpFbmSiAx6NsLg)

any ideas?

thanks

jcardona1

Reaction score
Honestly this is the most promising device so far, the RAZR looks great but i'm afraid working with all of Moto's extra on it might effect the ICS experience. I am hoping we get confirmation soon for Verizon to offer it first. If i would be waiting for something else to come out it would have to be an ICS device and i don't think that would be so quick, i wouldn't pick up any phone running GB knowing ICS is on the market already, i would feel i'm getting an outdated device right out of the box.

Google is buying Moto (mainly for patents) but would keep it in it current model and wont rock the boat to much, remember its a multi-billion dollar deal and the legalities could take another year or more to complete. I wouldn't expect Bionic or RAZR to get it ICS so quick, first there would be an update to fix bugs that would be discovered after first mass use on the Galaxy Nexus, followed by tweaking and testing for newer phones with different hardware and after that we might see updates pushed out for older models. If my memory is serving me right a good amount of time elapsed between the lunch of the first GB device to pushing GB to other phones, heck some are getting it just now..

The Razr with ICS would make an awesome device. For me though, the vanilla ICS and superior camera is why I choose the Nexus. Motorola has a reputation of making the worst cameras to ever be put on a cell phone. I don't know what it is. You'd think by now they could have figured out how to make a decent camera. It's pathetic.