SAMSUNG Galaxy Admire™ 2 (SCH-R830C / Cricket) SD Card Help

IRON_CROSS_619

Reaction score
The phone is a
-SAMSUNG Galaxy Admire™ 2 (SCH-R830C)
-Android OS: 4.1.3

My friend has this phone. He asked me to pick out a 32GB card. I took a look at the manual and it just said to replace it with the same type of card but bigger. The card I told him to buy was;

SanDisk Ultra 32GB MicroSDHC Class 10 ($20.00ish on Amazon).

The problem with the phone is;

-Can't install apps due to insufficient space.
-Can't update apps due to insufficient space.

Uninstalling apps to install others will not work. This happened with the old 2GB card because it was really full. But then I could uninstall and install other apps.

It says it has 25GB's free memory, but won't work.

When the new card arrived, I copied everything on the card to my PC then to his new card after formatting it in the phone.

It seems like there is a OS lock on installing apps on the SD card unlike in 2.2.3. I've read sites stating I have to root it for it to fully work?

So today he took it to a Cricket store. They looked at it all. Then told him that's the wrong card and he needs to buy their card for $50.00.

So is it a formatting issue? Wrong card? A firmware lock with the phone?

Thank you.

Here is the Card's Properties via XP.
CARD PROP.PNG

This is the Phones Properties via XP.
PHONE MEM PROP.PNG

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Are you talking about an SD card - like I think you are - or a SIM card? The only reason that Cricket should be talking about "using their card" would be for the SIM card. The SD card is for storage and that' s really between you and your phone, not the carrier.

OP
I

IRON_CROSS_619

Reaction score
Are you talking about an SD card - like I think you are - or a SIM card? The only reason that Cricket should be talking about "using their card" would be for the SIM card. The SD card is for storage and that' s really between you and your phone, not the carrier.

The SD Card.

Is the phone limited with storage of applications to the phone memory (not SD Card).

Reason I mentioned Cricket is due to something I read said their ROM(?) don't allow Apps 2 SDcard?? They said the SD card I picked out is not compatible with the phone. He would need to purchase their branded one.

We updated the SD card because he couldn't install nor update Applications. It didn't work for applications.