Moving apps to SD card

Candace

Reaction score
My Motorola Droid is slow. Its unrooted, and running Launcher Pro (paid version). I have Froyo and Flash installed too. I did a search but can't find how to move apps to my SD card. When the Market notified me updates were available on some of my apps, it said couldn't update due to insufficient memory. Also, I have A LOT of pics on my phone. Should I be moving all of these to the SD card too, to free up more space? I am new to dealing w/ storage and app sizes...

Swyped from my Droid using Droid Forums App

Snare

Reaction score
The is a phone to SD app on the market.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know what the name of the app is?

Snare

Reaction score
Mine is called App 2 SD free

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
Found it! I went ahead and got the paid version. Now I just need to figure out how to use out :)

DRILLINDK

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. Moving pictures, videos, and apps to the SD card will speed the phone up??? Are there any disadvantages do moving them to the SD card?

My Motorola Droid is slow. Its unrooted, and running Launcher Pro (paid version). I have Froyo and Flash installed too. I did a search but can't find how to move apps to my SD card. When the Market notified me updates were available on some of my apps, it said couldn't update due to insufficient memory. Also, I have A LOT of pics on my phone. Should I be moving all of these to the SD card too, to free up more space? I am new to dealing w/ storage and app sizes...

nibblit

Reaction score

"System panel" will also move apps to your SD card.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

nibblit

Reaction score
I'm curious as well. Moving pictures, videos, and apps to the SD card will speed the phone up??? Are there any disadvantages do moving them to the SD card?

I've experienced that apps that have been moved to the SD card from the internal phone memory don't get updated automatically--strange.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Candace

Candace

Reaction score
I moved several apps (not my gallery pics) to the SD card w/ the program. Not noticing a change in speed. I'm not sure if there's a connection but the phone has slowed way down since I installed the paid version of Launcher Pro. Is there a way to turn that app off w/out uninstalling it, to see if that's the issue?

nibblit

Reaction score
I moved several apps (not my gallery pics) to the SD card w/ the program. Not noticing a change in speed. I'm not sure if there's a connection but the phone has slowed way down since I installed the paid version of Launcher Pro. Is there a way to turn that app off w/out uninstalling it, to see if that's the issue?

Both Titanium Backup and SystemApp Remover will uninstall instead of deleting your apps. It's your choice.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I moved several apps (not my gallery pics) to the SD card w/ the program. Not noticing a change in speed.
You won't. The amount of user storage used has no impact on your device's speed. If your device is running slow then you need to look at what's using the CPU and RAM.