Moving an app to sd card

shelby916

Reaction score
For apps that have the option to be moved to your sd card memory space, is it better to move every app possible to that? Because eevery app I install that has this option, I always press move to sd card thinking it will be somewhat better. Help??

sent by shelby, moto droid

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
You don't want to move any apps which are launchers or that have widgets.

OP
shelby916

shelby916

Reaction score
So what would that be then, like more specifically? Because I have games I've moved to my sd card and all the google related apps also. Oh and another thing is some apps I get don't work correctly unless I move them to my sd.

sent by shelby, moto droid

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
WIDGETS, which are things like clocks, weather, or to do lists and such. Things that display on your home screen(s) and update automatic should not be moved to the SD card. Just because they CAN be moved doesn't mean you want to. Nothing should actually run better from the SD card then the phones storage. The only reason I could think of this might happen is that you are running low on phone storage? I know this is sometimes a issue with some of the older phones like the OG droid that have significantly less storage then the newer phones have. Anything that loads when you reboot or turn your phone on, will have problems when you move it to the SD card. The phone starts loading things from internal storage before it even mounts the SD card. If you plug the phone into a computer, the SD card is UNMOUNTED and the phone has no access to it, which causes problems.

Basically, anything that runs all the time or starts on boot up you do not want to move to the SD card. Anything else should be fine....