Samsung Fascinate inches closer to Release

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I'm really hoping at some point they stop taking baby steps and wow us all again like they did with the Droid 1. I suppose that's the purpose of the two year plan; by the time you reach upgrade time it will be a leap by comparison. It just doesn't make much sense to release a slew of different phones with short life cycles and diluted dev support since not enough people can focus on any one phone.

I've said for some time now that Android should stick with having maybe three main phones and focus all their attention and OTA updates on just those three: a stock dev friendly phone with good specs (flagship), and low ender for short changed, and a commercial phone -good specs, modest dev support, but more bloatware than you can shake a lightsaber at (...man that wasn't even funny, but I'm gonna keep it anyway).

victorythagr8

Reaction score
I'm really hoping at some point they stop taking baby steps and wow us all again like they did with the Droid 1. I suppose that's the purpose of the two year plan; by the time you reach upgrade time it will be a leap by comparison. It just doesn't make much sense to release a slew of different phones with short life cycles and diluted dev support since not enough people can focus on any one phone.

I've said for some time now that Android should stick with having maybe three main phones and focus all their attention and OTA updates on just those three: a stock dev friendly phone with good specs (flagship), and low ender for short changed, and a commercial phone -good specs, modest dev support, but more bloatware than you can shake a lightsaber at (...man that wasn't even funny, but I'm gonna keep it anyway).

Maybe you haven't figure out the whole OPEN SOURCE thing of android.

Sweettooth

Reaction score

Maybe you haven't figure out the whole OPEN SOURCE thing of android.

Doesn't mean much when you have to void your warranty and tinker around with a phone to get what you want out of it. I love customization but if that means having to completely redo what someone else screwed up and/or waiting for someone else to do it, then go back and forth between forums to get your rooted phone stable, it's not really worth it to me. I'd rather have a stock phone with a lot of attention and custom apps. Just my opinion after all. They're likely never going to release a completely unlocked phone with nothing on it but the essentials but it's good to dream of that and hope for something close without having to root the thing.

rohmbd

Reaction score
Processor or gpu?

Processor....

both the processor and gpu torch the droid x, evo 4g. And the screen is superior to both them. I dont see how the other phones torch it. Shoot the UI is better than both Droid 2 and droid x and its hacker friendly. And the evo 4g has a crappy GPU.

The only thing stopping me from getting the Fascinate is that samsung tries to make it look like a wannabe Iphone with the whole UI and form factor and not that much rom space compare to the droid x and droid 2.

I understand that it has a much better GPU but why do you say that it's processor torches the Droid X's?

tmal2

Reaction score
I don't understand the Bing thing. The Android OS is a Google system. Why would they allow a non Google search and maps? Is it because it's open source?

In my opinion Google blows away anything that Bing has to offer.

Also, any thoughts on the Fascinate using mobile web 3?

bizzshow

Reaction score
Bing how dumb could vzw be on marketing this device instead of playing up its strengtha the install Bing guess they only care about the droid line

UNC

Reaction score
So I went to Best Buy and played with the Epic 4g and the AT&T Galaxy S (Whatever it's called), and I must say that the phone is AWESOME. It's fast, bright, and feels good in your hand.

Now, the problem I have with it is that brand. Samsung SUCKS. I've had 2 Samsung phones (Instinct and its insurance replacement Instinct S), and 2 Samsung TVs. Both phones and both TVs met a premature death....

So on the one hand, I think the phone is beyond awesome, but on the other I wouldn't buy nor recommend it to anyone.