Samsung Fascinate is Released!

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung-fascinate-release.jpg

Today is the official release day of the new Samsung Fascinate on Verizon. Say hello to the first Microsoft Bing Search and Map Powered Android phone to hit big red's network. We've scouted a few sites this morning to see who has the best deal going..

• Amazon.com - $99.99 for new customers only, $149 for individual upgrades, $179 for family plan upgrades
  • Wirefly.com - $99.99 for New Customers, $99 to Renew/Upgrade
  • LetsTalk.com - $99 with New Service Plan, $199 to Renew/Upgrade, $599 Full Retail Price (Remeber, Letstalk.com also offers a trade in program)
  • VerizonWireless.com - $199 - Buy One Get One Free. (First phone $299 2yr price - $100 mail-in rebate debit card. Add'l phone $199 2-yr price - $100 main-in rebate debit card)
  • Verizon Retail Stores - Droid-Life is reporting Buy One Fascinate for $199 and get any Phone of equal or lesser value.
  • Best Buy - $199.99 with new 2-year contract, $599.99 full retail.

All of these prices are listed after instant/mail-in rebates and the normal 2 year contract commitments. For those that are picking one up today, be sure to let us know your thoughts!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I want my Android phone to be a Google experience.

Still a nice looking device however.

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Microsoft must be offering some major $$$ to have their apps on the phone. Maybe that's why the incentives seem so good.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Give it a few days so this thing can be rooted and all of the crap removed. If it is anything like the other Galaxy S phones in the US it will be no time before root + custom recovery is out. Then you can have at it and remove all of the VZW bloat and Bing and replace it all with the goodness that is Google.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Microsoft must be offering some major $$$ to have their apps on the phone. Maybe that's why the incentives seem so good.
I was just thinking the same thing. For being a device touted as top of the line, it seems very subsidized.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Although I do like samsung (got a LCD tv and an upconverting DVD Samsung, not to mention a killer monitor), I'm a die hard Motorola phone and Google fan.
The specs look nice, tho.

hoppermi

Reaction score
The reason it is so subsidized is because it will only be "top of the line" for a few short months. That is when the first dual-core phones (including Samsung's) will be out and the real android phone wars will begin. There probably will never be an android phone as singularly popular as the Droid 1 again.:icon_ nono2:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Although I do like samsung (got a LCD tv and an upconverting DVD Samsung, not to mention a killer monitor), I'm a die hard Motorola phone and Google fan.
The specs look nice, tho.

Agreed. I love my Samsung TV, but I like Motorola phones.

yamaha83

Reaction score
to get the free second phone do i have to upgrade 2 lines? or can i upgrade 1 line and still get the second phone? it would be awesome to buy a samsung... get an X free... and switch between the 2 at will!! :)

lexxon

Reaction score
Ugh...I feel like my next upgrade from the Droid is going to have to be a phone that can be easily hacked into what's at least close to a Google Experience device. I've been spoiled by the Droid, and from what I've seen on my mom's X and girlfriend's Droid 2, I want NO part of motoblur. Sense I could deal with maybe, it's at least mostly stable.

Santee

Reaction score
That Super AMOLED is awesome.Even though you can install Google apps,Bing is not for me.